g3ninfinite

ZPX Pilot owners

If you like Pilot's performance don't settle for anything less. It is an awesome canopy and after seeing it up against all other semi-elliptical canopies out in the field, I can say without any doubt, none of them even come close.

How come I keep hearing otherwise from so many people...?

That is simple.
Because none of them have ever flown one :)

I am one of your 10 busiest distributors and here you are telling my customer I am full of shit.
Gary,
Help me understand where did I tell you, you are full of it?
Well done!

I ahve been trying to get Sangi to buy a pilot and giving him honest opinions of my experience on both the safire 2 and the pilot and you quickly jump in here and tell my customer i dont know what I am talking about and that I am full of shit.

I give your company close to $100K a year and you are this quick to jump into a thread and make these comments to my customer, that I ahve never flown a Pilot and I have no idea what I am talking about.

I made a post earlier to your comment going on about how nothing comes close to a pilot and i thought I would delete it. Now I come back to this thread and here you are still going on to my customer making them lose faith in what I am telling them.

I am thoroughly disappointed that I just lost a $7000 sale because you have feel the need to tell my customer i have no idea what I am talking about.

Yeah yeah, you didnt know, maybe you should consider what you are saying before you do? You really think I have never flown a pilot before even though i have sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of them for your company?

If you like Pilot's performance don't settle for anything less. It is an awesome canopy and after seeing it up against all other semi-elliptical canopies out in the field, I can say without any doubt, none of them even come close.

That is simple.
Because none of them have ever flown one :)

I am one of your 10 busiest distributors and here you are telling my customer I am full of shit.
Gary,
Help me understand where did I tell you, you are full of it?
Well done!

I ahve been trying to get Sangi to buy a pilot and giving him honest opinions of my experience on both the safire 2 and the pilot and you quickly jump in here and tell my customer i dont know what I am talking about and that I am full of shit.

I give your company close to $100K a year and you are this quick to jump into a thread and make these comments to my customer, that I ahve never flown a Pilot and I have no idea what I am talking about.

I made a post earlier to your comment going on about how nothing comes close to a pilot and i thought I would delete it. Now I come back to this thread and here you are still going on to my customer making them lose faith in what I am telling them.

I am thoroughly disappointed that I just lost a $7000 sale because you have feel the need to tell my customer i have no idea what I am talking about.

Yeah yeah, you didnt know, maybe you should consider what you are saying before you do? You really think I have never flown a pilot before even though i have sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of them for your company?

Gary,
First off, there is no single post I have ever made that mentions your name, stating that you are full of s**t.
Second, I am simply replying to questions about our product.
My comment to all those who say the Pilot is a bad canopy, and I will stand by it, they have either never flown one or are just bad canopy Pilots. This knowledge comes both from my personal experience, for I have flown the Safire, have survived a couple of Sabre jumps :) and have seen all types of semi elliptical canopies in action it past 2 years of the demo tour. That is why I feel comfortable telling people that in it's class Pilot is the best canopy, and you would not be selling them if you knew otherwise. There was no intention on my part to take away your customer. You should know that any sales that I contribute to personally end up going through one of the local distributors as the tour does not sell direct. We have had jumpers from down under, who demoed during our stops in the US, who we did send to you in the past, and we will in the future for as long as you are an active distributor and they ask for a store in Australia.
To Sangi, I don't believe that number of jumps should matter that much. If you are planning on getting a Pilot, I am sure Gary will get you a great deal. If you do get one PM me and i will send you a Pilot tshirt :)
Blues,
Leszek

I have never looked at the ZPX material. I don't know anything about it. But would like to learn.

Please enlighten me.

How does the fabric let you get the air out better than regular ZP if it's not more poruous?

I wish you could just handle the fabric in person and see it's propertis in practical life. The easiest way I can explain why it is possible to get more air out of ZPX than ZP is this:
Make an experiment and take two sheets of paper. Same size but of different thickness. Now bend them in half side by side. Then bend them again....can you see where I am going with this? You will find that at some point you can't bend the thicker one anymore, and it is more bulky. That is how ZPX being thinner, yet still having full zero porosity property, works. You lets you compress it much more than standard ZP will.
Hope that helps?
Blues,
Leszek

What are you talking about Pilot T Shirt?

WTF? I'm going to have to put in an emergency call to Sandy for this. Nobody ever asked me if I wanted a Pilot T shirt. >:(

Don't hustle poor Sandy. She has plenty of work to do at the office. Next time you find yourself at the same event as US tour, stop by our tent to say hi and I will get you a T :)

they dont work for aerodyne!?

And they have no clue how to fly a canopy, so there is no hope in helping them anyways :)

:D:D:D

since you seem the man to talk to; do you guys offer demos in europe as well?

and while we're at it, a pilot of similar size in either ZP or ZPX, how does it relate to say a safire2 of the same size! in packvolume?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Leszek,

Ok, my first post to dz.com forums...but, in this case, I really had to. Leszek, if you were the Aerodyne rep at the Halloween Boogie in West TN, well your ZPX point is not forgotten. Regardless, hats off to the company.

I was jumping my new Wings rig, ordered to fit a Pilot-168ZP tight. Tight was explicit for future downsizing So my complaint was that it was a little difficult to get my Pilot-188 ZPX in the tray. Mind you, I'm a sloppy, less that 200 square packs, neophyte. So I really did not believe Leszek's claim that ZPX packs more than 1 size smaller (same canopy, ZPX vs. ZP). I've seen a lot more folks packing than I've packed, and the AR rep packed the Pilot 168-ZP into the dbag cleaner, neater than I ever stuffed the Pilot-188 ZPX. I got the honor of trying to close that Pilot-168ZP into the container. Ultimately, success, and no runs developed in the Wings, but I stand corrected---ZPX packs at least one size smaller----would have lost money to bet against a factor of 2.