fallin

VG135

Hi all
I'm the proud new owner of a VG135 and am looking for a little pep talk from current/previous owners!
I'm leaving the cold north (Yah!) for a week to give it a try in Deland. I've read the threads...just looking for more. What do you think of it?
Thanks
G

Well, 'ya lady', hmm kind of, but anyway I do have a vengeance 135 whaddayawanna know?

I liked mine, did a couple hundred jumps on mine, however after a cutaway this year (click, about halfway through the vid, although you can't see the canopy it was only half open with a lineover or 2) I switched back to intermediate type canopies, less hassle and much safer esp. with wingsuiting. However I do miss the lift and the range the vengeace has! Espacially as we have a few TMs who like to pull at 4k (as in the vid) and also like to sit by the pilot, hence me having to pull fast after TM and me landing out sometimes. The vengeance did have the best change of bringing me back, my current fusion doesn't come close.

I'm not a swooper but the vengeance likes to dive. If you want to carve a landing, better not do it on toggles as it will BANK (:$) better use your weight. If you want to film people under canopy, the vengeance has a lot of range I could stay with 190-100 sizecanopies no problem. I know there's a lot of difference between one vengeance and the next, some open like a dream (mine did, except for 2 jumps - one hard and one half open like in the vid), some open in a diving turn pretty much always. So jump it before you buy, would be my advice. Oh yeah, I liked the airlocks most of the time but I never quite got the hang of quickly deflating the canopy in high winds myself. Packing, don't do anything crazy like rolling the nose, just a stright pro-pack and I had mostly very good on heading openings.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I loved the way my Vengeance flew, hated the openings and dealing with an airlocked canopy on windy days.

+ 2000 jumps with a vengeance (120), zero cutaways, loved the openings.

During packing, do as less as possible to the canopy.

Dealing with an airlocked canopy in windy days is no big deal. After landing, turn around, put the canopy upside down on the ground and do 1 (or a few) step(s) to the canopy to keep some slack in the brakes and the rear risers. When other skydivers with non airlocked canopies were running in order not to get dragged on high wind days, the vengeance stayed on the ground. If necessary, I just had to put one foot on the canopy.

Gr

Jurgen

Awesome guys (and lady hehe)!
I appreciate the experience.
How was it for flare power on straight in approaches? I'm going to a new DZ for my first flight with it.

G

I jump a VN120 at about 1.5 WL. I think it has a lot of flare power. It will slow down and float you to a nice easy landing if you are doing it correctly.
Flies great. Just be ready to steer the openings a little bit once it starts inflating

Hi all
I'm the proud new owner of a VG135 and am looking for a little pep talk from current/previous owners!
I'm leaving the cold north (Yah!) for a week to give it a try in Deland. I've read the threads...just looking for more. What do you think of it?
Thanks
G

I did about 400 on a 120VG @ 1.6, was a real nice canopy to fly / swoop once you got past the openings - openings tended to be a bit wild, hunting and twisting up - think I chopped it at least twice.
( I had this canopy from new, the current owner can nomally be seen wandering around the DZ looking for his freebag on a regular basis : )

I then did a pile of jumps on another 120VG and found this one to a real nice opening canopy, then another load of jumps on a 107 - again no probs

Guess what I'm sayin is there are some good and bad ones out there, I reckon they are pretty good canopies : )