ChasingBlueSky

Check in After Hurricane Jeanne

Sounds like all the weather stations are saying that the sustained winds are making this one the worse of the four that hit landfall in Florida this year. (why do they have all of those reporters out in the winds). Worse, it looks like it took nearly the same path as Frances and Charley.(they are saying this is the first time that two storms have made landfall in the same area in the same season)

I'm sure most don't have power yet, and I haven't been able to reach anyone yet either.

So check in and let us know you Floridians are ok!

So far, so good here in Flagler.

We haven't had the sustained winds that we had from Frances, but have had some gusts that seemed higher. All systems are operational though that may change at any moment.

I see no signs of damage from inside the house now, but am not about to go traipsing about until things calm down (expected to be early evening).

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

They specifically mentioned ZHills on the Weather Channel this morning as one of the cities the eye will have gone thru as a Cat 1. The map looked like the LW area was going to be hit as well.

There is still a tequila drinking JACKASS here in Jacksonville.

I hate hurricanes.

Skymama was OK as of a few hours ago. I gave her a buzz to see if she was OK. She was playing scrabble.

Hope everyone makes it through OK.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

We got lucky again here in Broward County (SE Fla). I feel bad for the rest of the state, I wonder how Lake Wales will do, they're already torn up:(

Angela.

Not even a good strorm down here. I watched the progress on TV last night and was wondering the same thing.

Michael

Looking good here in DeLand. I just got back from the hospital. I was on the Code Green Team. Released before 5pm. I still have electric and cable. I don't know about the DZ. I'll probably check that out tomorrow. Not near as many trees down this time (at least not in my area).
It's still very windy and a little rainy though.

Any word from the other Dz's Titusville,Deland,Sebastion?? I hope everyting went well for them

Just talked to a couple of CRWDogs in T'ville. They just drove by there a few minutes ago and said the place looked pretty good. No word on Sebastian but while watching the news last night, a lot of video was coming out of the Sebastian/Port St Lucie area as examples of how bad the storm was. :(

I understand Z-Hills was not flying out their aircraft. Anyone have word on them?

I'm just guessing Lake Wales flew out their airplane. :)

Michael

I talked to Bytch a little while ago. She is safe and sound in CA and wanted me to tell everyone.;) I'm really glad she isn't there for this one as the last one really freaked her out. I don't think those CA peeps are used to rain and such.:P

She talked to Jack and Lynn and they were okay earlier this afternoon but she hasn't talked to anyone at Sebastian.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I'm alive and well. Out of the 5 houses that family members have in the area, 3 have power and 2 don't. I'm one of the unlucky ones (I'm posting from my parent's house). :( I'm 0-3 for making it through the hurricanes without losing power. At least everything looks ok around my house and everyone is fine.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have survived and have kept my power. It was out for about 5 hours this morning, but came back on.
I consider myself very lucky, as a good part of my 'hood is in shambles. Lot's of trees down, power out almost everywhere, debris strewn all about, etc.Several of our local businesses have been wiped off of the map, including a sports bar and a produce market. We lost several hundred feet of privacy fence behind my house,and the fence at my new house.
I need milk and can't find any, as hardly anything is open. Can't get beer either.[:/]
I found a baby squirrel on my doorstep, he must have been blown from his nest. We dried him off and put him in a kennel, and he seems to be better.
I'll let him go in a day or two, when my yard isn't flooded.For now he's happy with peanuts and warm blankets.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I need milk and can't find any, as hardly anything is open. Can't get beer either.
I found a baby squirrel on my doorstep, he must have been blown from his nest. We dried him off and put him in a kennel, and he seems to be better.
I'll let him go in a day or two, when my yard isn't flooded.For now he's happy with peanuts and warm blankets.

Make sure if you find milk that you do NOT give any of it to your baby squirrel.
[url]http://www.squirrel-rehab.org/faq.html#two[url]

Cows milk does nasty stuff to the little cridders.
Good luck!

Things are Ok here in Sarasota. A lot of people lost power. I didn't. A lot of debris but no major damage. Spent last night with Stacy at the assisted living facility where she manages the Special Care Unit. We lost power their about 5am. It was interesting to say the least. I have a new found respect for those that work with seniors that have alzheimers and other forms of dementia.

really glad your doing ok skymama, no signs of letting
up here... still have power though. Don't think I forgot
about that beer either ;)

and the squirrel thing deserves an "Awwww.....", can we
get some pics? It's cool if you can't, I just have a thing
for squirrels. they're real cool and neat lookin'. Kind of
ironic after that "find you inner squirrel thread." I think
you should name it "toggles".. dunno why, just sounds
cool. Anyway, your a good person for lookin out for the
little furball. God bless you.

-Tony

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

Spent last night with Stacy at the assisted living facility where she manages the Special Care Unit. We lost power their about 5am. I have a new found respect for those that work with seniors that have alzheimers and other forms of dementia.

WHoohoo! R-E-S-P-E-C-T.... :ph34r:

Just got home from working through the storm. The ALF lost some roofing and some shutters and 60% power (on three different power setups), but other than being hot, sticky, and dark things were OK. Lots of branches and stuff, there was a little water inside my door when I got home.

Tonight I watched my boss get trashed on wine. Only been there for a month and I have years of blackmail now. :ph34r:

I hope my rig is OK up in ZHills!!

__