markovwgti

UPT's New Delivery Time

If you live in the northern half of the country, and want your new rig to be here in the spring, this is the time to place an order.

A bunch of orders = A longer wait time

Wasn't there just a thread about the long wait time over at Sunpath?

Buy an Infinity, and you'll probably have it before the end of 2009.

If you live in the northern half of the country, and want your new rig to be here in the spring, this is the time to place an order.

And if you're a skydiving professional that's cool for your taxes!:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

And if you're a skydiving professional that's cool for your taxes!:D

What about next year though! Id rather use this rig as a write off for next year! But damn 22 weeks is insane....over 5 months...my order went in today i hope its here before the season starts!

It is standard for Icarus canopies, UPT containers, Aeordyne products to take 18-22 weeks. Icarus last year were taking around 25 weeks.

They were only quick this year cause of the economy going to shit. Now things are getting better, more people are buying gear.

In the past two months I would say UPT must have sold maybe 400 containers. There was a week I ordered 12 and they had just received well over 100 orders.

one day the serial number was 49,920, the next week it was 50,034

22 weeks is very average for UPT. most people waited 6 months prior to this year.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Actually we like to be at around 14-16 weeks. This allows enough time to sort out any problems with the order before a container goes to cut. It takes 5 weeks (normally) for a contianer to go from cut to ready to ship. We can only make a certain number of containers per week, and that number does not change (unless we hire more people). All the containers get scheduled on a first come, first served basis, and we have just recieved a lot of orders in the last month and a half. We were at 10 weeks a month and a half ago. This only gave us about 2 weeks to prepare the containers for cut, which is pretty tough when you have to send emails back and forth to clarify what is writen on our order forms.

We do have stock available in 2 weeks if anyone needs a container quickly, and I try to keep the common sizes in stock.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mark Klingelhoefer
[email protected]
United Parachute Technologies

I own several UPT rigs and happen to like them a lot. But I've always thought a better company motto would be

"UPT: We make the best stuff...just not very fast." ;)

And before anyone gets bent out of wack, there are other excellent manufacturers too. Geeze people it's only a joke.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

price to pay for the best most popular over-hyped equipment in existence.

they're nice rigs; there are other nice rigs, too! i just happen to have bought one from them, and, i'm very happy with it!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Wasn't there a rumour flying around that the person that orders rig number 50,000 gets a free rig?
Must be getting close, so everyone is throwing there orders in now.

4 weeks ago I received order number 49,918.
Yesterday I received 50,313.

The 50,000th rig is well gone.

There is a shit load of Vector 3's about to hit the dropzones in the next few months.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

price to pay for the best most popular over-hyped equipment in existence.

Yip, it's actually piece of shit so go for instead.

Mine is #50.075 and I ordered it on Oct. 7. Delivery time back then was 11 weeks IIRC.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Here is the information (from www.uptvector.com) on the person who got the 50,000th container for free.

Congratulations to Olivier Berlenger, winner of the 50,000th Vector 3 competition!!! Olivier, who lives in Belgium, ordered his Vector 3 through the dealership Fly Your Body based in Gap, France and received the serial number 50,000. UPT has invited Olivier to travel to DeLand in December to pick up his new Vector. Whilst here, Olivier will visit UPT’s production facility and will be spending some time with Bill Booth.

Whats up with the wait being so long all of the sudden, the changed it today from 18 weeks to 22 weeks. 5 and a half months is crazy, anyone know why it almost doubled in time over the past few weeks?

And by doubled (100% increase), you mean a 22% increase?

Cheers,
Travis

Thats because they got big orders. However, all manufacturers had short wait times this past year. it has gone back to just over normal plus a busy period.

Anyway, I just purchased a fleet of Vector 3's for customers to borrow during the wait time. Cant wait to a Vector 3 on my back.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store