Sangi

Which reserve?

Hey there,

Which reserve do you reckon is the most worth buying?

PD states that the Optimum flies more like a main canopy (is this true?) and is the low pack volume really that noticeable compared to the PDR?

Also, what are your thoughts of the Smart reserve? Performance? Pack Volume?

Cheers! :)
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

I just did a demo of the Optimum 218. I did the demo because I ordered one back in Jan to replace my current PD 193 and wanted to see if it was worth the wait. I was only able to make two hop and pops but I will tell you that IMO the Optimum flew better and landed better then my current reserve. I will continue to wait for the TSO.

JG

I just did a demo of the Optimum 218. I did the demo because I ordered one back in Jan to replace my current PD 193 and wanted to see if it was worth the wait. I was only able to make two hop and pops but I will tell you that IMO the Optimum flew better and landed better then my current reserve. I will continue to wait for the TSO.

JG

You demoed a Optimum 218?

How come they can be demoed? I did not think they were certified yet and available for use.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I have an Optimum 126 in a G4-MT Mirage and an Optimum 143 in a Micron310. In the dry air here in Dallas the Optimum seems to pack up about a half size smaller in my containers although I could put an Optimum 143 in the MT sized Mirage. The container would just feel a little stiff on my back where it feels real good now. The Micron feels real nice with the Optimum 143. The containers don't look sloppy at all and they are not that soft either.

I can talk only from my personal experience. Speed 2000 is the reserve with the smallest packing volume on the market. 120 packs the same or just a bit smaller than Optimum 113.(and performs better than Optimum).The openings are the same,but Speed 2000 has more powerful flair.
They are all good reserves.If you can,jump them all and make your choice based on you own experience;)

Blue skies

"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

I can talk only from my personal experience. Speed 2000 is the reserve with the smallest packing volume on the market. 120 packs the same or just a bit smaller than Optimum 113.(and performs better than Optimum).The openings are the same,but Speed 2000 has more powerful flair.
They are all good reserves.If you can,jump them all and make your choice based on you own experience;)

Good advice - the best way to decide is to demo them personally.

BTW - Sangi there are no options for SPEED 2000 as an option or an X-Fast reserve.

Both are low volume reserves and have been on the market for several years and are tried and tested designs and are available in large sizes now :)