ChasingBlueSky

Reality TV Show Death?

I was listening to a local radio station on the way into work today. They had Mark Cuban on talking about his show and reality shows in general.

Then they mentioned that someone for a CBS reality showed just got killed when at 300lb rock fell on them.

Has anyone heard about this? I am at work and can't do the lookup on it..

I heard about a guy that died during the Subaru Challange...

It is like an Eco-Challenge adventure race....
Yes, I believe he was crushed by a rock!

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I wonder if there's a whuffo for that kind of activity?

"Whuffo you do that climbin'/walkin'/hikin' thing fo'?!"

:P

See? You can get killed doing any old thing. Might as well do something that's badass -- like skydiving! You're gonna die anyway!!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Yeah, it's a really cool premise that the TV producers have destroyed by treating it like a reality show. Before, it was a pretty cool competition. Now, it's televised with extra emphasis on "the passion of the moment" and "the agony of defeat" and the crying and arguing teammates.

Fak, I REALLY hate reality TV.

elvisio "too early, still grumpy" Rodriguez

Those adventure racers are amazing athletes. I'm sure his death will be a real loss for the sport. If someone on a "reality show" had to die, why couldn't it have been someone from Wife Swap or Extreme Makeover or one of those other stupid shows that really need an excuse to get canceled?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

OMG, there is a show called Wife Swap? That just sounds wrong. This reality shit is getting out of control. I miss game shows.

There 2 versions the original British one and the Amaerican one.
The wife goes over to a different house, so far they've been from good income to lower income and vice versa, they are COMPLETE SHITE
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OMG, there is a show called Wife Swap? That just sounds wrong. This reality shit is getting out of control. I miss game shows.

see that one is actually sort of funny... although they should have called it "Mom Swap"

switch two mothers from completely different families... i've only seen one episode, but I was rolling... of course its the kind of "we are laughing at you" not "laughing with you" brand of funny....

I agree, the show should be called Mom Swap. This one is funny. Some of it is serious, where the kids actually learn something along with the Moms about their behavior. I have only seen two of these and the one last night (2nd part) was fun as well as serious.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

see that one is actually sort of funny... although they should have called it "Mom Swap"

switch two mothers from completely different families... i've only seen one episode, but I was rolling... of course its the kind of "we are laughing at you" not "laughing with you" brand of funny....

there's another one called 'trading spouses', same premise though. i haven't watched it because i could feel my iq dropping just by watching the commercials.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001