mr_music11

helmet help!

Help! My semi new (1 year and about 20 jumps) Oxygen helmet seems to be breaking already!! The fiberglass around the velcro tension point is cracking. Is there some sort of glue or epoxy that I can apply that will fix this problem and stop further cracking/erosion? Thanks for reading/replying!

Edited for spelling and attachment deletion.

Help! My semi new (1 year and about 20 jumps) Oxygen helmet seems to be breaking already!! The fiberglass around the velcro tension point is cracking. Is there some sort of glue or epoxy that I can apply that will fix this problem and stop further cracking/erosion? Thanks for reading/replying!

Edited for spelling and attachment deletion.

Easy fix. Apply some cash to a new Z1!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Help! My semi new (1 year and about 20 jumps) Oxygen helmet seems to be breaking already!! The fiberglass around the velcro tension point is cracking.

I would take the matter up with the manufacturer. 20 jumps shouldn't cause cracking to start occurring. Something is wrong with their design or manufacturing process. Let 'em know, and ask them to make it right. See what they do for you.

Where do you keep this helmet stored? In direct sunlight? Near a heat source? Contact the manufacturer with your inquiry. And photos.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

:S Sure thing! Only spent $300+ on the one that I have...good thing they made it disposalble... use once and toss.. I've got TONS of helmets just waiting to be used in the closet..
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

:S Sure thing! Only spent $300+ on the one that I have...good thing they made it disposable... use once and toss.. I've got TONS of helmets just waiting to be used in the closet..

Contact the manufacturer...I've dealt with them on another matter and got great service.

If you do, let's us know how it goes in your case!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

To those taking the time to read my post and respond appropriately, thank you. I will be taking your advice and contacting the mfg. To those futards ( F***** retards) who only have to suggest I fork out big money for a new helmet just like the one they have, you can take a long walk off a short pier! Re reaed my post you newly "huked on fonix" bastards! I need help to FIX my current helmet. If I wanted advice on what new helmet to buy, I would have written a different post. So don't bother replying or like some really dumb ass send me a PM saying buy a dome cover like his. Thank you again for those who truly wish to help. Peace/blessings and blues
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

oh.. and my helmet I keep in a cotton cloth padded cover inside a small backpack.. never in sunshine or hot places unless is on my head and outside a plane!! B| thanks again for for all helpfull posts!

Update to the saga... have tried contacting the manufacturer 2x by e mail with no response or assistance yet. Will try contacting again thru other means to see if I might be successfull... thank you again to those who have taken the time to read my original response and respond accordingly... may still need your help yet! until then.... peace/blues/soft landings

Hi There - sorry to hear about your issues ...

I was over in Deland last week and two of the skysystems guys were away on a trip - have you tried speaking to Ben in the office directly?

Obviously with Thanksgiving and the Kaleidescope big way things were pretty busy in Deland so they might be a bit behind with their emails - especially if they are two men down.

Give them a call and i'm sure that they will help you out ...

I would tell you to call the manufacture, but that has been done.

I would tell you to buy a new bonehead mamba, but that has been done.

So if you get no love for the manufacture here is what I would do... JB wield can fix anything. Apply that to the crack and let it set for about 12 hours, carefully sand it down smooth, then place a sticker or something to cover it up... good as new.

Good luck with your helmet

John
John - D.S 1313

"I'll jump it, Np. It's all good"