drago76

advices for first static-line jump & injured back ?

jumped today.
with, as i been said, a russian "arbalet" canopy (270 sw ft, as i found in internet?).
not as near impressed, as from tandem jump.
before jump i discuss a bit with old man, who was in charge for direct me to land via radio.
he say, i must brake fast to make flare, i try argue a bit slow ( about 3 seconds ) motion was much better. he did not agree, and finally i decide to do, what he says.
be very anxiety, when earth start to fast approaching ( under 100 meters), and radio was silent, but decide to wait for signal.
sadly all that near paralized my perception, as so, i look not to horizont, but on a grass, where i go, and also not remember to get legs close - after signal i do fast braking, as he told, but anyway have bit hard landing - cant stay on legs, drop no my ass on grass, and then on a hand too :/

happily, looks like without damages. there is almost no wind ( maybe about 2 m/s ), and i come versus wind direction, as it supposed to be.
old fart know nothing about flare, and even cant give a signal in right time, i think :D

drago76

jumped today.

before jump i discuss a bit with old man, who was in charge for direct me to land via radio.
he say, i must brake fast to make flare, i try argue a bit slow ( about 3 seconds ) motion was much better. he did not agree, and finally i decide to do, what he says.

He was right, you were wrong. It's that simple.

old fart know nothing about flare, and even cant give a signal in right time, i think :D

He knows a load more than you, I guarantee it. Take responsibility for your own fuck up.

I've seen a lot of skygods over my time in the sport, but a student with zero jumps arguing with an instructor on how to fly a parachute is a new one for me.

Oh, you should have done a PLF when you landed hard, by the way...

yoink

***jumped today.

He was right, you were wrong. It's that simple.

He knows a load more than you, I guarantee it. Take responsibility for your own fuck up.

on that planet has a lot of fools.
when fool becomes doctor, or skydiving instructor, or car driver - he not automatically become wise, not. there was the same fool, who was start propoganding things like "in internet is impossible to learn anything worth", and so on.

apart of this, even so dim folk as you must understand, that if i do all, as that guide man say, and as he say, then that is not mine fuck up.

apart of that obstacle, that i do what he say... :P

I'm sure you're right. I've only been doing this a decade so what do I know?

I'm certain your old-time skydiver was probably just making stuff up and doesn't know as much as you. Make sure you keep correcting your instructors, just in case they're all fools. I'm sure they don't read as much as you, so you can't expect them to know the right things to do.

Are you going to continue jumping? I only ask because we might want to play a game of bingo.

dumb people, say, can drive a car with decades, but not read anything, and learn only from his own mistakes ( and even that - not always).

and then someone can come and compare wrc pilot, say, and truck driver, and say - truck driver is far more experienced because miles, and years, and as conclusion, truck driver is much more masterful and more knowledge in car piloting techniques.

but that is useless dicsuccion, only thing, who you operate is experience, not perception and learning.

Bryan Burke may be fool for you, and any skydiver, who, after a bit hard landing with his instructions, when to make flare, who ask "now you see, why need to start braking fast?" may be a god level expert in canopy piloting.

thats show your thinking level, but ok - you re not first, and not last that folk on this planet.

i plan to do tandem, and maybe another static line in another dropzone.
on todays impressions tandem is much more emotions and impressive, than staticline. also i can feel more relaxed and can try to learn to determine +/- right attitude for starting flare and so on.

as so, you can continue your jokes about "another fatality"... :\

drago76

dumb people, say, can drive a car with decades, but not read anything, and learn only from his own mistakes ( and even that - not always).

and then someone can come and compare wrc pilot, say, and truck driver, and say - truck driver is far more experienced because miles, and years, and as conclusion, truck driver is much more masterful and more knowledge in car piloting techniques.

but that is useless dicsuccion, only thing, who you operate is experience, not perception and learning.

Bryan Burke may be fool for you, and any skydiver, who, after a bit hard landing with his instructions, when to make flare, who ask "now you see, why need to start braking fast?" may be a god level expert in canopy piloting.

thats show your thinking level, but ok - you re not first, and not last that folk on this planet.

i plan to do tandem, and maybe another static line in another dropzone.
on todays impressions tandem is much more emotions and impressive, than staticline. also i can feel more relaxed and can try to learn to determine +/- right attitude for starting flare and so on.

as so, you can continue your jokes about "another fatality"... :\

This is not a joke if you continue skydiving thinking you know more than your instructors who learned from experience and not the internet you will be a fatality. Please stop and listen to your instructors so you dont become a fatality. This is why your hero was killed. Please take skydiving seriously so we dont read about you dying. I am not telling you this to be mean or to be funny or anything like that i dont want to see a fellow skydiver and human being die. So please listen and live life so we dont read your obituary add. Blue skies and safe skydives.

he have too small experience in physical world, and from other side - that was much better death, than old, sick, alcheimer and demenetsya, i think.

in any way, no one of us live forever, and what a difference - now, or after 10, 20,30 years? :D

i listen, and damaged my back. now i try chose, who listen, and gather additional information.
i am not so healthy, to be able to afford anyone, who have a named "skydiver" or "instructor". i seek for good, smart ones.

Not even a little. If you choose not to take advice it doesn't alter my life in even the smallest amount.

Your the one who's been displaying ignorance and arrogance.

I'm done. I hope you have a successful skydiving career. But if not, well, that isn't going to affect me either.

Trying to answer the questions from "the dragon" is a waste of time.
Someone with that attitude should learn it the hard way.
If he is a real person at all ....

:S

--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

drago76

some of erniation of the intervertebral disc.
hope google translate do this well, my english is very bad, sorry.

i do not plan to learn exactly "what to do", but gather as much as possible, information, and try to make a "picture" of a event is a part of me, as so i try to get as much as possible information.

2 - 3 foot jumps not problem for me, but i prefer to not stress my back if it possible, without serious reason.

also i do not ask, what for me that jump may be, because i understand, that was unpredictable - too many factors.
after all, Kris got fatality with good spine, as very many in this sport...

but some general advices - how to determine braking height, how to brake before landing, how to exit aircraft, and so on is very good to know - especially for that, when i arrive at jumping site, i was, sure, a bit wrapped up by first time solo jump in front of me.
there is also a lot of new for me information in briefing in the same time - all that make a bit information overload of brain, and some facts get miss the ears.
instead of that, if i arrive in general by knowing some facts, there is a less "new" for me, and therefore, less stress, and better to memory all..

Whatever you do, don't go to a chiropractor.

Fucking snake oil charlatans.

Anyone who thinks that you can immunise children against Polio by manipulating the spine need bloody shooting
Werewolves not swearwolves

Anyone who thinks that you can immunise children against Polio by manipulating the spine need bloody shooting

i dont know, chiropractor is the same, as in russian "manual therapeut" - human with, i think, medical education, who with spine massage can relieve strained muscles, and so on.
about a 10 years ago or so i try to lift my newfoundland dog.
yes, i know, i am a fool, and dog not very massive ( about 65 kilogramms, or ~120 punds i think) but large, and very uncomfortable position at starting lift from ground level, as so i start lift with non straight spine, and get a some problems.
that was a bit stiff at waist, and some small pain also. i have that for about 2 years - bit discomfortable, but all in all i can live with that. and then i got to local manual therapeut by my wifes advice - just for look, what changes.
i was very sceptical, and not believe, something changes, but my amazement - i almost already feel, that stifness is gone, and that small, everyday pain too! so, there can be good effect.
when i got an my last trauma - Herniated intervertebral disc - i also got to him with some hope, but this time there is practically no changes. as so it looks works not in all situations, but that is logical.

corsette is a good companion for bad spine, btw, and, if riding bicycle / moto, then best position is leaned forward. with straight position spine was ruined very easy, if road not perfectly smooth... :\

drago76

i dont know, chiropractor is the same, as in russian "manual therapeut" - human with, i think, medical education, who with spine massage can relieve strained muscles, and so on.
about a 10 years ago or so i try to lift my newfoundland dog.
yes, i know, i am a fool, and dog not very massive ( about 65 kilogramms, or ~120 punds i think) but large, and very uncomfortable position at starting lift from ground level, as so i start lift with non straight spine, and get a some problems.
that was a bit stiff at waist, and some small pain also. i have that for about 2 years - bit discomfortable, but all in all i can live with that. and then i got to local manual therapeut by my wifes advice - just for look, what changes.
i was very sceptical, and not believe, something changes, but my amazement - i almost already feel, that stifness is gone, and that small, everyday pain too! so, there can be good effect.
when i got an my last trauma - Herniated intervertebral disc - i also got to him with some hope, but this time there is practically no changes. as so it looks works not in all situations, but that is logical.

corsette is a good companion for bad spine, btw, and, if riding bicycle / moto, then best position is leaned forward. with straight position spine was ruined very easy, if road not perfectly smooth... :\

Tried yoga?
Werewolves not swearwolves