weegegirl

Why smoking sucks...

Hi Weege,
Why else does smoking suck?? Well, it will kill you, S-L-O-W-L-Y!! Like in the big CA!

My wife quit smoking then started again, then quit, then started again, (this goes on a couple of times) then she goes to her Dr. for her usual physical and he does a chest x-ray because of her coughing!! Typical responce, HMMMMMMM, I don't like the look of this dark area. Several te$t$ later he decides it's benign. My wife quit smoking......that was a couple of years ago. I think that gave her the big scare, kinda like a reserve with a bunch of holes in it at 500 feet!!!

I smoked in High School and quit, smoked in College and quit, smoked in the Navy and said when we get back from Viet Nam I'm quitting. That was Dec of '68. Havn't smoked since.

For what it's worth, if you want to quit, you can say that smoking was part of your past, but not part of your future.

Good luck.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

so great... now i'm dying over here wanting a smoke... AND i feel disgusting and bad about myself for having ever smoked in the first place.

Oh, come on, don't be hard on yourself. You are not, now, the person you used to be -- you are the person you make yourself at this very moment, and if that person is a non-smoker, then you can be proud of who you are for that. You don't live in your past, you live in your present, and you live for your future. So please don't let what mistakes you've made limit how you feel about yourself now. Nothing good comes of that. Gotta be liberated from the past and its mistakes.

You can remake yourself in an instant, regardless of what you used to do, just by deciding to think differently.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I've been up to a pack a day recently and whenever I inhale I get a funky feeling on the right lobe of my brain.

yeah smoking sucks....

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

i have been smoking for a little over a year now, and am thinking about quiting. a friend of mine said that the best way to quit is a drug called Zyban. generic forms are Bupropion or Wellbutrin. It is actually an antidepressant, but works very well for quiting. you take like 4 pills a day for a week while still smoking, and after that your cravings just go away. you continue to take it for a couple weeks after, and then stop. he also said that you can pop a pill if you get a sudden craving and it kills it almost instantly. i think i might make an appointment to see my doc and get some. (its prescription). good luck to all of you who are trying to quit, i havent tried yet but have gone a day or 2 without having one (almost a pack a day smoker) and i know how it feels. and i hate to break it to you, but i have been told the worst is about a week into quitting, so if the patch and gum dont work, give this stuff a try.

he also said that you can pop a pill if you get a sudden craving and it kills it almost instantly.

Pop! Pop! Pop Pop! Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop!!

How long before your addiction is not to cigarettes, but to antidepressants.

Look, I know that quitting a cigarette addiction is supposed to be really hard... but what ever happened to strength of character and will? What ever happened to fortitude? Do we really look for the easy, effortless, "I-don't-have-to-lift-a-finger, things-will-work-out-for-themselves" solution to everything?

I think that we as a society have gotten away from any demand for personal responsibility, and any expectation of inner strength, in favor of cheap, quick-fixes, and a pill for every thing we feel is wrong. I think we're straying much to far from a healthy way to be. Our mentality is sick, these days.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

i am not suggesting you take more pills than what the doc says, my friend was saying that you can just regulate when you take them during the day to better reflect your cravings. If taking a pill will keep somebody from going insane because of the lack of nic, and has been proven to work effectively, then why not? the doctor will only give you the number you need to quit, so even if you started to get addicted to those you wouldnt be able to get more, at least easily. it has been proven that something like 99% of people who try to quit cold turkey fail. whats worse, dying with lung cancer at 40, or admitting you cant do it without help and just getting the shit done with.

I'll quit with you guys.

Yay!!! Sweet!!! We should all quit together!! adamjenner and kelel01 and GFD and DOWNWIND JIM!!!!! let's all quit.

hmmm...... now how the HECK am i gonna get through this weekend??

Edited to say: OK. Chrissssay just answered that question for me. :D:D:D:D

tried and failed to quit many times before.... I'm up for another go though...
The idea of another 4 jump tickets a month is a nice one B|

any more quitters around?:D

I know what you're going through Liz. I quit over two years ago but started again after some blond, drunk, freeflyer chick gave me a smoke at the DZ (>:() about two months ago. Sooo, I am also on day two of my quitting FOREVER. :S

Hmmmm is that the drunk blond that also kept calling you gay?? Cuz she just quit too. :D:P

When are you coming back to Tecumseh??? Hope you'll at least be there for the end of year party!!!

Okay. Today is day 3.

Today I woke up with more eneregy already. Still having serious cravings. A bit snippy, but not too bad. Heading off to the dz in a couple of hours... the real challenge. :o This will be the "test". Counting on Chrissssay to help me keep in line. :P

Non-Smokers UNITE....

Kelel01
Adamjenner
Frenchy68
GFD
Dcvet
Drunk blond from dz :D:D
Yoink
Skydivexxl
Judit
Meatmissile

Good luck this weekend!! And if any of you see these guys smoking at the dz this weekend... kick their ass!!!

A little more reason why smoking sucks. This will be a semi-long post.

Take you back a few years. I went to Alaska in 1986 to visit my grandpa and met this guy who was renting a room. His name was Fred. Awesome guy...got me to laugh, understood a 16 year old kid, ran interference between me and grandpa, one of those guys that no matter what you look up to and love. I go back home to mom and tell her "I've met the guy I want you to marry. I want him as my dad." B|

Fast forward 2 years...mom FINALLY goes to Alaska to visit her dad and meets Fred. They date for 2 whole weeks. :D And mom comes home to WI. He sends her diamond earrings in the mail and tells her "I'm coming to get you in October and move you here with me." Mom never thought to say no. Her and Fred hit it off that well and she understood why I told her I wanted him as my dad.

She moves up in October of 1988 and they get married in December of 1988. Both of them smokers. Ever since I was a kid, I kept trying to get mom to quit smoking. It hurt me to breathe around her and she stunk. As a result of her smoking in the house, us kids stunk too. :S

Fast forward a few years...they have now been married 13 1/2 years and dad goes in for shoulder surgery. When he comes out and as he's healing from that, his stomach blows up - he looks 9 months pregnant. Mom and dad go into the doc and get some tests done. [:/] The results - due to smoking, dad developed cancer in the lungs and liver. He went through chemo and did everything possible to get rid of it. Unfortunately, it didn't work. The cancer, also, spread to his brain.

Those who loved him had to watch him suffer due to the cancer caused by smoking. We had to watch a man we loved so very much apologize to us for "Not being the dad/husband/etc. that I used to be." We kept telling him that no apologies were necessary, we loved him anyway.

We almost lost him at Thanksgiving - too many people around and his fever spiked. We were told he wasn't going to come out of the hospital alive. When my mom was finally told, I turned to her and said "I want a promise from you. I want you to quit smoking because I do not want to go through this again with you in a few years." Mom promised me that she would and that January she did.

Dad kept promising he'd quit - but never had the ability to. They kept telling me that if he managed to quit smoking and survive the cancer, they would both go for a tandem jump. So, on the hopes dad would, I did a tandem so that I could tell them it'd be ok and they'd like it. :D

Unfortunately, one cold Monday morning at 12:35am on August 5th, I received the phone call I dreaded and prayed would never happen. The man that I loved enough to call dad had died. My mom lost her husband of 14 1/2 years.

Fast forward 2 years...mom still at times cries and so do I. Is smoking worth putting your family through this?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

:(:(:( very sad story.

Reading this whole post gives me even more drive to keep my resolution. Thanks to everyone!

Sad in that we lost dad. Happy in that I had him in my life for the time I did. Dad was an awesome man and was loved very much. My rig now has a memorial/tribute to him sewn on the left side so he goes with me on every jump I do.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Sad in that we lost dad. Happy in that I had him in my life for the time I did. Dad was an awesome man and was loved very much.

Sad that you had to lose him for something so senseless and stupid than smoking.

My rig now has a memorial/tribute to him sewn on the left side so he goes with me on every jump I do.

That's beautiful :)

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

Okay. Today is day 3.

Today I woke up with more eneregy already. Still having serious cravings. A bit snippy, but not too bad. Heading off to the dz in a couple of hours... the real challenge. :o This will be the "test". Counting on Chrissssay to help me keep in line. :P

Non-Smokers UNITE....

Kelel01
Adamjenner
Frenchy68
GFD
Dcvet
Drunk blond from dz :D:D
Yoink
Skydivexxl
Judit
Meatmissile
Gravitymaster

Good luck this weekend!! And if any of you see these guys smoking at the dz this weekend... kick their ass!!!

You hang in there. I quit smoking 11 years ago and it's one of the smartest things I've ever done. The first week is the worst because you are going through the physical withdrawl. I was pretty irritable for the first week and still had the urges for about a year. It gets easier after that. Drinking alchohol is the most likely time you will slip.

Try not to allow yourself to think of this as "trying to quit". View yourself as a former smoker who has already quit. That worked for me. Good on you for quiting. ;)

>>Hmmmm is that the drunk blond that also kept calling you gay?? Cuz she just quit too. <<

yup, that's the one:P

>>When are you coming back to Tecumseh??? Hope you'll at least be there for the end of year party!!! <<

I've been nursing a broken collar bone and some broken ribs for the past couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be good for the year end party;)

See ya soonB|

"I told my husband I wouldn't marry him unless he stopped smoking. He cold turkeyed that day and hasn't smoked since. 2 years now. I'm so incredibly proud of him since everyone he works with does smoke so he's around it a lot. I know it's tough to stay away from sometimes, but he does it."

Poor "whipped" fellow:P

So tell me, what do you non smokers do when you get done fucking?;)