hayfelix

Which Container?????

Can you please tell me why you REALLY NEED to have skyhook, mag. riser covers, pop-top reserve PC???

I don't REALLY NEED all of those things, they were just listed there as possible preferences people might have. I personally wanted to have skyhook (only few containers) and 3D foam (all containers I guess, haven't seen one that doesn't offer this option).
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

whats wrong with all the rigs made on your side of the pond ? just wondering,,,we don't know much about the rigs there.....

first, unless you have money to burn, I would by used. If you are goint to buy new I would put magnetic riser covers on the list. PD would not ask Bill Booth to solve a problem that did not exist. My racer was modified by JumpShack and they are nice!

whats wrong with all the rigs made on your side of the pond ?.

There are some good ones. Mostly the problem right now is with the strong Euro vs the Pound, meaning Paratec (and Basik, and Firebird, and PdF) stuff has gone up a lot in price for UK buyers.

It also sucks if you want a bells-and-whistles suit, since Parasport and Sonic are now bordering on the ridiculous if you're shopping with Pounds. I don't know for sure but I'd be betting orders for Tony from over here have gone up...

(Yes, there are multiple UK manufacturers of jump suits and one of containers.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

whats wrong with all the rigs made on your side of the pond ?.

There are some good ones. Mostly the problem right now is with the strong Euro vs the Pound, meaning Paratec (and Basik, and Firebird, and PdF) stuff has gone up a lot in price for UK buyers.

The biggest difference tends to be the almost 18% import tax and approx $250 shipping fees (for a complete rig) - which will actually rise to almost 20% once VAT returns to normal ...

A container that would retail for $2000 in the US could end up costing $2600 here in the UK once the VAT goes back up! - this will mean that containers from Basik and other European manufacturers will become very similar in price.

However some jumpers from Europe obviously elect to collect their gear in person - (saving quite a bit if they already have a trip booked) which then can make it cheaper to buy in the US.

However when the $ was at less than 1.40 to the £ it was actually cheaper to buy in Europe! :)

I would skip the magnetic risers also. I know 3 people that have those on Vector containers and all three have problems with them coming open in free fall. Two of them had cutaways because the toggle and brake line came out and wrapped around the risers.

Vector now has a 3rd version of magnetic riser covers. Do you know which version they had?

Can you please tell me why you REALLY NEED to have skyhook, mag. riser covers, pop-top reserve PC???

I don't REALLY NEED all of those things, they were just listed there as possible preferences people might have. I personally wanted to have skyhook (only few containers) and 3D foam (all containers I guess, haven't seen one that doesn't offer this option).

Skyhook and the magnets are fashion. If you want to be cool,you need them. And I think after 2 years the same will count for the spectra reserve ripcord.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Glad to hear you have gone with Maddy for a new rig. She has promised very similar pricing to myself after we have been speaking and is also looking forward to you trying all her range of demo canopies. She has said to me 'She wants to make sure you get exactly what you are comfortable with and good for you so will spend a weekend with her demo rigs all out for you.'.

Stick with her, this is one of the advantage of buying from a gear store on your own dropzone. With her making sure her prices are on the same par as mine you have an awesome opportunity. Maddy and I regularly have meetings to make sure we work together in the customers best interest. When you are on her DZ, you shouldnt consider anywhere else. Demo rigs and the experience of maddy is priceless.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Anything but a racer, and you'll be fine

Correction to one persons post.....it is ALL about fashion and popularity. why else would someone ask what to buy (i.e. this thread). my opinion, get on the phone and actually talk to some real experts instead of face this idiotic feedback from some 50 jump wonder...

Correction to one persons post.....it is ALL about fashion and popularity. why else would someone ask what to buy (i.e. this thread). my opinion, get on the phone and actually talk to some real experts instead of face this idiotic feedback from some 50 jump wonder...

Amen. Racers maybe had their issues a while back when they were slow to follow the changes being made to other rigs but there is nothing wrong with them these days.

I only wish my store could sell Racers.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Amen. Racers maybe had their issues a while back when they were slow to follow the changes being made to other rigs but there is nothing wrong with them these days.

I only wish my store could sell Racers.

As long as you disconnect the double sided RSL in the even of a 2 out, to prevent it choking off your reserve and killing you. Other than that there great!

Well I guess there still ugly too:D
BASE 1384

My post isn't about fashion, its about functionality and safety. As I stated in an earlier post I don't like the function off the velcro and the walrus teeth.
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

My post isn't about fashion, its about functionality and safety. As I stated in an earlier post I don't like the function off the velcro and the walrus teeth.

neither do i. Have they seriously not changed the velrove yet?

If not, change it and the racer would be just as good as the rest of them.
I personally got hung up on the door of a cessna from an old racer, probably my fault though, i only had 60 jumps.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Skyhook and the magnets are fashion. If you want to be cool,you need them. And I think after 2 years the same will count for the spectra reserve ripcord.

Sure they are. Especially skyhook. Looks really cool on DZ hidden below that reserve flap.

Let me say this: I do think you are entitled to your opinion but in my opinion you are wrong. And judging by your posts no further arguments are required.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

dont forget the basik advance as well! ;)

thanks, guess I should have researched better...

Well to be fair it is a little known container outside of Europe at the moment - but all of that will change soon :)
If anyone want's to see one pm me - i'll be in Deland during November :)

And at 50 jumps in a year. your opinion comes from what level of experience ? Maketing and sales ? Manufacturing and distribution ? Finance and Business Admin ? Most Canopy and Rig Companies are multi-million dollar ventures,,Jump Shack has been at for 30 years or so,,,,,do you really think you can sell a shit product for 30 years,,,please. Its like buying a car,,what you like and what can can afford. Try worrying about some thing else other than your shoe laces matching your piping,,can you even make a stand up landing yet ? Does your Mom know you jump ? >:(

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083