qtensassy

Bad Eustation Tubes

start here.... maybe you can get sme more info also......

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=578320#578320

i have been cloged up in my sinus's latley... not enough to make it painfull to jump but i can tell it's there... i have to go see an audiologist next week because my last hearing test a couple weeks ago showed me a 40 dB loss in my left ear...... who knows maybe it's the congestion..... we'll see..... good luck inyour search for info...

Thanks for the link, I was able to find some good information. Unfortunately I'm not sure it will help me out very much. I'm currently on my 3rd set of tubes (yes, adults do get them too) and once these fall out I probably won't be able to jump without pain. [:/] I will definitely try some of the suggestions to see if they help, though I'm not very optimistic since I don't jump enough to build up a tolerance anymore.

Does anyone know if there are any procedures to help "unclog" and/or permanently fix bad eustation tubes? According to my ENT there isn't any (other than tubes which aren't permanent)...was just wondering if anyone else here could confirm or deny what he said.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Nicole - I used to have terrible pain in my tubes before I started to jump. I hated to fly any commercial flights because of the intense pain (I nearly passed out landing after my flight to the UK). Also, I would be deaf for about an hour or two after a flight, and one time I had about 90% hearing loss for about 18 hours (landing in Denver).

Nothing helped me until I started to jump. The first few jumps hurt alot. After that it got better. Consistant jumping keeps them clear....and when I take a break from jumping the clog back up again. I always have to clear my ears after a jump just after I get under canopy or the pain on the ground feels like a knife in my ear.

You may want to look at getting something called "Ear Planes" they are pressurized ear plugs to help with this sort of pain. I never tried them with jumping, but they did work on commercial flights somewhat.

Nicole,

I know way more about this than I would like to. I've had tubes so many times that I can't even remember the exact number (7 - 9 I think). My first set was before I was even a year old, and I continued having to get them put back in (they eventually grow out, for those of you not familiar with them) until I was 18, when the doctors finally decided that maybe I my eustation tubes might not ever grow into the correct position that they need to be in to drain efficiently.

Nothing like spending you childhood getting ear infections...

Anyway, when I was 18 (or somewhere around there) I went into surgery, yet again. But this time, instead of putting more tubes in, they took out my abnoids. I haven't had any ear problems or ear infections since.

Hope that helps. I've been where you are and it sucks!

:)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Thanks Bo. I'll see if I can find them. I'll try just about anything at this point. Lucky for me I can jump for the rest of this season, or for as long as the weather holds out. Next year is going to be a problem, though...

Are you going to be at the dz for the Halloween bash?