aheavenlytiger

my tiny head and XXS factory diver

Has anyone gotten an XXS factory diver? Is is super tiny? I've got a tiny little nut for a head and currently have a size small factory diver with extra padding in it to take up room. Quite frankly, since I cut my hair and no longer have a huge puffy ponytail to stuff in it, it is just way too big. :(It tried to come up off my head a few times this past season which caused me to either have to redo the velcro to make it tight again or just hold it on until after deployment. I guess I should have made sure the velcro was more secure, but if it wasn't too loose in the first place it wouldn't be so easy to get off. :S

I played all kinds of game trying to find a decent motorcycle helmet to fit my head too, and ended up with an XXS that fits really well and is sized for heads 20-20.5 inches in circumference. Ultimately, I'd rather have a flip-up visor but keeping the thing on my head is more important. Any hope of perhaps an Oxygn in an XXS in the near future? Has anyone had experience with other small or extra-small fullface helmets that seemed to be cut smaller than the size chart would dictate?

I have one, and it's super tiny!! I have an XS Oxygn that fits pretty well but it makes me look like a bobble head doll, so I tried on a regular XS factory diver and then ordered the "small shell" version of the XS (which is labeled as XXS - apparently they're termed Junior Factory Divers and they do require different replacement lenses that most places don't stock).

I pulled out part of the liner, did a little plastic surgery with a utility knife before I stuck it back in, and now it fits great and still looks pretty decent. However, there is absolutely no way I could have worn it straight out of the box!

You can have a rigger install a snap button on the factory diver for the velcro strap to make sure it stays secure. I've got one, since the velcro was starting to wear out (it's now 14 years old).
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Its not just the velcro that is really the the problem. Even when all the way cinched down the helmet isn't tight enough. It has a tendency to float up on the back of my head and move around some. Back when I had a big fluffy ponytail in there taking up the space that a normal size head would occupy the velcro was all the way cinched down. Now that my hair is much shorter than when purchased, I feel like I have a shrunken head. I don't foresee growing my hair back out any time in the next several years, so I have resigned myself to needing something smaller. The velcro on mine is still nice a grippy and the helmet is otherwise fine.

I was really hoping for more feedback from other small headed people about their experiences with the sizing relative to other things, like hats or other helmets to get some sort of idea as to what I would want to do before asking the shop to order one for me.