baconwings

the best audible??

I am a Neptune fan :)
Best to do your own research...

Find some people that have the units you are considering and play with them a bit. Your local dz or gear vendor may have some.

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Do you want it to log your jumps? Will you connect it to computer? Does it have to be water resistant?

I use Neptune because it works with paralog and has all the features I wanted (log, 3 FF alerts, 3 CP alerts, works with paralog). It also works on standard batteries (you can buy them just about anywhere) and has user upgradable firmware.

But then again people that have L&B say good stuff about them...
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

I've used both Neptune and optima..

Want log and canopy alarms and FF alarms - I's say neptune...

Want canopy alarms and FF alarms and the awesome L&B customer service.. Optima...

But now they have made 2's and 3's of the stuff so i dont know anymore..

It's not that big a deal, either way I think you'll be happy with your new audible:-D

Only reason I switched to neptune is because i lost my optima, and my dealer gave me i dicount on the neptune..

I was definately completely happy with either one of the two. Except from the dfact that i lost my optima in a field when I landed out(removed my helmet to untangle my sabre2 from a fence), but that can hardly be blamed on the audible:P