andyhughes

Parachute ink - ink pads

I'm having serious trouble finding an ink pad that is suitable for parachute marking ink. Most self inking pads seem to be made from felt, and this allows the (sticky) ink to dry out and be unusable after a couple of days.

What are other people using to get around this problem?

Hi andy,
'usedta' squirt some regular old alcohol on the pad if it got too dry. Also would keep some scrap felt around and use a small piece with a small amt. of ink whenever I needed to do some stamping. We used to get the old MIL-I-6903 stuff by the gallon and ya' had to shake it up like old paint because the pigment would settle!! Lots of fun. Everything got "BLUE!!!!" Alcohol works great for diluting and cleaning -6903 and the new spec stuff ('forget the # right now??) clean yer stamps right after ya' get done stampng with alcohol an acid brush and paper towels, if you wait till they dry out ya have to use an xacto knife to scrape the crud off. ferget MEK, acetone and all that other stuff to clean yer stamps that stuff'll kill ya!!!! Good old rubbing alcohol works best and it's cheap.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Just a quick update. Been using the stone pad for a week or so no, and it is working very well indeed. No drying out or going sticky, works like a dream.

Thanks for the rubbing alcohol suggestions too!

Hi Andy,
And what ever you do, "DON'T" go to stamping anything when yer wearing anything "like yer favorite skydiving T-shirt" ya don't want to get BLUE!! It never fails, that stuff has a mind of its own!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out