Gory

How much would you pay for...?

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of people have issues with having to carry many different gear bags for different equipment when going to the DZ for the weekend.Well my question is: how much would you be willing to pay for a gear bag that would fit everything you need for a weekend, for instance: rig or two, camera equipment, clothing, helmets, sleeping bags, tent, and just about anything people usually carry in few different gear bags?
I know that this might sound like a strange question, but just hang in there with me. So how much would you pay for a dependable, high quality gear bag, built specifically to meet skydiver's needs?

Please disregard the number of jumps I have, expertise, etc (if possible; I know a lot of people BS just because they have more jumps than others, but lets set that aside, ok?)

I wanted to make a poll, but wasn't sure how to do that :S
Please keep matter serious and realistic as much as possible, keeping few important variables in mind (how much on average a skydiver spends on gear bags, the quality and how long do they last, etc)

Thanks,
Gory
"Nothing in this world worth having, comes easy"

The problem with that is that it will be too big and get too heavy.

I use THIS as a gear bag. It holds 1 rig a couple helmets, a couple jumpsuits, weights, goggles, spare glasses, logbooks, and all my other little skydiving stuff.

It goes close to 50lbs.

My lunch and rigger kit go seperate.

I've got a Square-1 backpack style bag, but it doesn't have enough room.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

A gear bag that fits all that and is halfway reasonable to carry it all around is called a car.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of people have issues with having to carry many different gear bags for different equipment when going to the DZ for the weekend.Well my question is: how much would you be willing to pay for a gear bag that would fit everything you need for a weekend, for instance: rig or two, camera equipment, clothing, helmets, sleeping bags, tent, and just about anything people usually carry in few different gear bags?

Zero. Bags which hold just a rig, jump suit, helmet, and accessories are legal as air-line carry-ons, fit nicely on a motor cycle seat, and are a manageable 25 pounds. Combining them together would mean they get checked on planes (potentially over-sized), need a car to transport, and make them too heavy to drag around.

When I need a second rig or clothes, I just take a second bag.

One trip to Lowes:

1. ea. Contico Tuff Bin: $65.00

4 ea. Waxman 3" Steel Swivel Casters: $28.00

1 ea. four foot (4') section of thick rope cut to length in the store- about $4.00

One hour of assembly.
Total cost: ~$90.00

Cover with DZ/Boogie/Award stickers as required.
Seats two.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I just use a huge tough box that I bought at wal-mart. I realized that lugging a bag to the dz is a pain in the ass. Plus when I feel lazy on the last jump and don't want to pack, I just throw it all in the box.
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett