Rookeskydiver

Any physical therapist or kinesiologist our there?

If your a PT or a kinesiology major i have a quick question. for my applied kinesiology class, im supposed to take a movement, and explain the muscles used to make that movement. I chose to do my project on the stages of flaring. Do you know what Core muscles are used to make this movement? (prime movers etc.) any information will help.:)

PCSS # 1 Rookeskydiver
"Its a Wonka Bar"....."Go ahead Charlie open it, lets see that golden ticket"

P.T. here. You picked a difficult action. zezejelle did a great job with the primary action muscles. Start there.

But if not too late, try an easier movement, like lifting 12 oz to your mouth. A lot less complicated of a movement than flaring. Tons of accessory muscle movements to support the primary groups.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me or post here if I can help further.

Health fitness major here.

well....you have a hell of a lot of muscles to explain...not only do you have the major muscles of the arms and back used in extension, you also have the flexors/extensors of the wrist, digits (including minimi), pollics, pectoralis major and minor, serratus anterior (depending on the specific movement) etc.

I can help you out a ton depending on what you want to stick to, let me know what groups you're concentrating on specifically (I.e. brachium, etc.)

BE THE BUDDHA!

If your a PT or a kinesiology major i have a quick question. for my applied kinesiology class, im supposed to take a movement, and explain the muscles used to make that movement. I chose to do my project on the stages of flaring. Do you know what Core muscles are used to make this movement? (prime movers etc.) any information will help.:)

P.T. here.

Suggestion. Go into the hanging harness room and your DZ and play with the flaring. Bet you'll figure it out. Something that is learned by -doing- is alot more useful than picking things up on the sly here. ;)

Seriously. If you've made it clear to applied kines, then I bet you're pretty heads up already. :)
edit to add....better yet...have a good looking model in the harness room doing the exercise....palpate the muscles that are being contracted and figure it out together! :)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon