cloudhopper2

bungy or skydive, whats scariest?

bungy. way to low for me, and i don't like the idea of my life hanging by a glorified rubber band. I much prefer skydiving with its 13,000 feet and two chances to safe your ass.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I don't see it comparing to ripping a smoking setup, dropping out of the sky at 50+mph and swooping across the ground.

I had about 400 jumps before I went bungy jumping. The entire experience was boring. The ride up to 150' in a crane, even leaping off the platform wasn't scary. Nothing about the experience did anything to create a rush or a feeling of enjoyment. I was flatout bored.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Done both, scariest jump for me was out of a balloon in Rantoul '03. Bungy in Australia was my first and it was kind of scary. Bridge Day was lots of fun. Skydiving jumps 1-3 were scary as well, in increasing order.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Whenever I'm up north in Nanaimo, Canada, I like to stop in and do a bungee or two, $25 CDN. It's a scenic little place over the Nanaimo river, up in the mountains, and they'll let out the bungee just enough to dunk you in the river. They have a great clubhouse, snack bar, volleyball court, etc., as well as video concessions. It was like showing up at a nicely run DZ to do a tandem. My first bungee was not as intense as my first jump, but when I bungied, I already had 3000+ jumps, so falling felt pretty natural. The ground rush is fun, and it's such a nice location that I really enjoy it, but it could never replace skydiving. I don't think I'd pay to do it off a crane in a parking lot somewhere.

Scary thought for me to send any money jumping 60 ft rather than 13,000ft... ($20 for a steak or $20a SlimJim?, you tell me):ph34r:

I did a bungy in Vegas a few months ago. I thought it was a fun experience, but it didn't scare me at all. I probably won't do another bungy jump again unless it's higher and in a more scenic area (not that vegas isn't scenic, but mother nature is so much better IMO). It in no way compared to a skydive, and it never will.

the jump doesnt take you right to the ground, no sure how far off it u are (bout 10m i think)

the one at nevis, you are a long way from the ground, alot further than 10 meters. I did not like bunjee jumping as i found i could get three or four jumps for the price of one bunjee in nz.
the ride to the bunjee in neveis is more fun than than the bunjee itself.

my mate ownns this thing in auckland and it is called sky dcreamer, this is fun(cause it's free), but you sit in this ball shape with two other people and it releases you straight up on a bunjee, thats quite entertaining when you are on the piss in the middle of auckland city.

If you want to try something really cool though go and see the bloke leighton who runs it and ask tell him you skydive(like himself) and maybe he will get you out doing some bridge swinging with him and his crew one weekend.
Bridge swinging is sweet.
you sound like you were on the kiwi experience bus, hope you enjoyed nz, cheap slots, cheap piss, and sweet beaches.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

i do alot of work with travellers in nz that do bus tours, with a tandem jump after they have done bunjee, i think you will find that the bunjee is more scary to a whuffo because the first skydive is a very surreal experience as we all know. The bunjee there is not so much to time to take it in or get comfortable.

But who gives a shit....skydiving is where it's at;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Bungee is certainly more harmful. The human body is very well designed to take accelleration (deceleration) in terms of positive G, I.E. feet to earth. It is very poorly designed to take negative G (head down).

Our rigs put you the right way up before deceleration. A bungee band around the ankles does exactly the opposite.

If you INSIST on strapping a big rubber band to your ankles and being stopped from hitting the ground by same, then it's your detached retina!!B|

Mike.

PS. Best student wind-up: Iona's first jump and she's beside the pilot in a C-182(no door). Bob (the pilot) does the engine run-up and cut before takeoff, sets flap and then turns to Iona and says "First time?" Iona does the nervous nod and Bob replies "Me too" (!)and throttles up for takeoffto drown out Iona's "WHAT!!!!!".:D:D:D:D:D

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.