skydivingdutch

Skydving in movies & TV... let make a complete list

Operation:Dumbo Drop
Honeymoon in Vegas

also when you say 'skydiving' do you only mean freefall or does all the static lines in every military movie count? how about BASE?

cliffhanger has a horrible base jumping scene. two guys jump off a cliff (horribly obvious they only jump three feet on to matresses), then it cuts to a skydiving scene, and to top it off, they talk to each other in freefall. wow

woa....that was cool....

Firestorm had a scene where forrest firefighter rides this dirt bike off a cliff with a woman holding on to him. They were trying to get away from a bunch of guys who lit the fire as a diversion for a prison break.

Not realistic but it was there.
Aaron

Live as you will want to have lived...

hmm have to check it out, i've got the DVD and stills though because one of my friends was an extra in it.... still havent watched it..but since i've got so much time on my hands....

top row far right...she is also the lead singer in the Southern Comfort Blues band check out their version of Muddy Water's Catfish blues

Discovery Chanel ~Wings
Ripley's
Tears of The Sun
Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards 2004
Camel Active (UK)
Necafe(Japan)
1 other just completed for a Japanese company
1 movie in production (sorry can't reveal the name just yet)
and one tv series which I can't name yet either (I'll keep ya posted tho);)

Through complicated Amazon search gone wrong (I don't want to talk about it) I came across an obvious classic called Freefall, starring (not sure I can use the word in this context?) Eric Roberts..... No idea what its about but it does have picutre of a parachute on the front, and I suppose a bit of a clue in the title.

Anyone seen it? Is it as depressingly terrible as it looks?

It has a BASE scene or two in it but it's crap:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

there are a couple of music videoes I've seen with skydiving in them. One of them is by Bentley Rythm Ace and it has people running around in what looks like tandem passenger harnesses and then getting out of a plane :S. cool tune though.
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
George Bernard Shaw

-MI-2 w/ tom cruise - out of building

-OLD 3 stooges short where Curly (wearing rig), Moe and Larry hang on to each other and go off a high rise under construction.

-Some 70's show called "Velvet" - had some freefall footage during opening sequence

-Show in late 80's called "High Mountain Rangers" - Cody,Matt and their dad Jesse Hawk were rangers in the Colorado - Jesse Hawk did BASE once to get away from bad guys

-Mission Inpossible series (80's - not 60's), the Australian dude 'Max' fell off some span in Sydney and had a rig under his coat

-cool Aerosmith video where couple did a skysurf jump out of a bi-plane

-I was a Macguyver buff growing up and can recall these 5 episodes:

1. Mac did BASE after scaling cliff and rescues downed pilot, - he modified a flare gun then used it as a rocket to launch his exit while hanging on to the pilot

2. Bailed out of fighter jet at night (you know Mac could fly fighter jets of course)

3. Made and flew a pwd-paraglider in about 15minutes - to get a way from bad guys

4. Landed a square w/ no flare onto rock surface, then hiked into jungle

5. Jumped a round out of a cargo plane after fixing landing gear

.........wow I've got too much time on my hands at work!!

Nobody has so far mentioned the movie "Freefall." It's about some photographing chic who meets a BASE jumper, falls in love w/ him, her bf tries to kill the BASE jumper, yadda yadda yadda.
It's kinda romantic in a way...she leaves and go somewhere all by herself, is intrigued by this stranger...:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

007: the spy who loves me (ski-base into sequence)
007: Moonraker

Yeah, I still remember that Moonraker sequence. It was the intro. Jaws and Bond fought over a single parachute, and then Jaws ended up coming down on top of a circus tent that broke his fall (and enabled him to survive). (Who knows?... It could work! :P)

TV:
There was an episode of Cheers where a whole bunch of the cast went for a first skydive. Of course, the depiction was like they were all gonna solo out of a DC-3 or something. The plan was for them to hold a banner that advertised Cheers. But they all chickened out, until the pilot pretended to have engine failure, and they all "bailed out."

I mean, watching a show with such a pathetically stupid and unrealistic plot device, I have to ask why they bother to write stuff like that. I typically dislike shows that have to distort stuff so grossly in order to make it fit a false perception of how things are.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"