unformed

What's the biggest speeding ticket you've ever gotten?

As a single ticket, I got $200, for 87 in a 65 .... got lucky he didn't clock me three seconds earlier or I would've gotten a reckless.

As a set of tickets, one asshole cop gave me tickets for (not i was on a bike):
1) tailgating (which i wasn't doing)
2) not having eye protection
3) not having registration.

he also claimed i was racing my friend. take into account i have a '74 CB550 which struggles to get up to 70mph, and he drives a modified (read: enhanced) R6, which still has power left at 140mph.

so what have you guys gotten....?
This ad space for sale.

when i was 16 i got popped going 79 in a 35...lucky for me it was a small town and the cop new my dad so he wrote it up as 49 in a 35 so i wouldnt get a reckless. he also called my dad at work and told him the whole thing...needless to say i didnt drive for a few months after that...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

The offense? 153mph in a 55mph zone; speeding to elude capture; failure to stop for a blue light; willfull speed competition of motor vehicles; wreckless driving.

The vehicle? My 1985 Corvette (black, 4+3 overdrive, the top stored in the back because it was so nice outside) My buddy Bill was ten feet in front of me the whole time in his brand new (and chipped out) Buick Grand National (also black).

The date? Labor Day weekend 1987. It was a Friday and it was around 1:30 am.

The location? finally aprehended in Manteo, NC at the terminus of Alligator Alley.

The verdict? Guilty of wreckless driving and speeding 153 in a 55; all other charges dropped.

The fines/punishment? $500 fine, 90 days suspended jail sentence, three years license revocation.

The synopsis? Two idiots driving to the beach as fast as our cars would get us there. We were working as lifeguards for the Nags Head, NC Beach Patrol. Our boss was not impressed, but hey, it was the last weekend of the season.

Top that, suckas!

Wow, haven't thought about that in a while.

16 years old, had my license for about 3 months. My mom's Buick Century. Cop pulled me over and asked if I realized that he had been following me for 3 miles. [:/]

He wrote the ticket for 92 in a 55, but noted that I had been paced for over two miles at 110. He asked if I had any idea how fast I was going and I could honestly say no, because the Buick's speedometer only went up to 80!

The best part of the story is that I had to go to court where they suggested a $500 fine plus losing my license until I was 18. The judge liked my answers to her questions and when I asked her if I could lessen the fine by taking defensive driving she said sure. The final result was that after I took defensive driving she would wipe the ticket from my record - no fine, no license suspension, not even any points. The kicker is that she only wanted a copy of the defensive driving certificate, so I sent the original to insurance and in the end had more taken off my insurance in a year than the course cost. Bonus!
Killing threads since 2004.

Top that, suckas!

Date: Nov. 9 1971

Place: Chicago Illinois to South Bend Indiana

Happenings: After robbing a liquor store and shooting the clerk once in each leg we made our getaway in in 68 Dodge. (Yellow with black trim) As we exited the store an off duty officer walked in, we were in the car when a bullet shattered the back window. The cop had found the injured clerk and had put two and two together. We made our escape only to be trailed by no less than 32 Chicago PD and Illinois State Police Officers. As we crossed the border into Gary Indiana we were met by a semi road block witch we were able to by pass with minimal damage, except now my buddy was now bleeding from a gun shot to the abdomin. As we traveled East the police in pursuit radioed ahead to a national guard armory near South Bend, we were met 5 miles from South Bend by 3 Sherman Tanks and 4 helicopters. After an 8 hour gun fight which took the life of by beloved friend Mitch. I was able to slip away in the Fog and confusion and begin my new life as a mechanic is Southern Louisiana. I died in December of 1977 of a massive heart attack and was reincarnated as Steve son of Donna and Alan less than a year later.

At least I think that's how it happened.

Got followed by a undercover video car in the North of England for 12 miles, he clocked me 5 times at speeds ranging from 115mph to 137mph.

Got the five speeding offences and driving without due care.

6 Week ban, 550 pounds fine, 9 points (which took my over the limit).

I drove home from the courthouse and back to Germany the next day. (boy I was dumber back then).

Got bluelighted in Germany once on my CBR900RR Fireblade at 155mph, took it up to 170mph and they went away. Go figure...

Lee
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Clocked at 184 in a 65 in a 97 Turbo Supra I used to own. Still had about 30 or so miles left in her too lol. The race actually almost paid for the court costs of $1800 total ;) Came out even. I think that was the worst of the 30 some odd tickets...

I have since picked up skydiving and calmed down a lot:D

Nick.

Those who dance, are cosidered insane by those who can't hear the music.

When I was 16 I got 160 in a 25, but I beat it in court. We used to race behind Homestead AFB and to combat that the cops changed all the speed limit signs from 55 to 25, and then sat in the bushes with a camcorder and a radar gun. They filmed us all day and I had just gotten my Gsxr1100 back from getting its frame modified and swingarm extended, It already had a shitload of engine work. I was the only person that did a high speed run by setting up half a mile back before the course and blew through there at 160. Five minutes later 20 cops sealed us off and started calling out tag numbers. I got field arrested and released, I dont remember exactly how big the ticket was but it was $4 for every Mph over the speed limit so that was $540 but it was a lot more than that. I paid the ticket but in court the case was dismissed because of the unlawful speed limit sign change, and another technicality (god I love good lawyers). I got a call from the clerk of the court two weeks later for me to come and pick up my check. Unfortunately my grandma paid the ticket so I had to give her the check:(

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

120km/h in a 80 zone. I was daydreaming and never slowed down from highway speed when I entered Pretoria. This was back when I was a student, I had to negotiate down payments because I hate sticking my parents with a bill. It cost me about a jump ticket a month for about a year.
There is a lot of stuff worth doing but then there is a lot of stuff worth doing instead.

88mph on SH10 near the border of California/Arizona. Luckily in Arizona. Didn't get a ticket for speeding - just one for not having a licence...

He also let me off the no insurance/rego documents as well.

No, I had a licence, rego and insurance, but not with me. I think I looked so shocked when the guy pulled me over and told me he could haul my ass off to jail, he felt sorry for me. It also helped that I had my passport on me and was a blonde tourist and he asked me where I was headed, so I told him Perris and that sorta took over the conversation.

The irony of it was that for the 3 hours since setting off from home, my car didn't even make it over 60mph until going downhill where the cop car was hiding under a bridge.

Liz

1100 CHF total (around 900 USD) for speeding 125 km/h instead of 80, and also 1 month without my driving license.

So why is Switzerland considered as a rich country? :P:

2 years ago, I paid in around CHF 300 !! Only for speeding a little bit around the mountains :):D

Swiss sent ticket to German police which forwarded to me.... Nice agreements! :S

But I love CH B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Ummmmm, I guess I can only talk about the ones I SHOULD have gotten...

Flat out (about 135 mph) in a 6 series BMW coupe on the Ohio Turnpike "just to see if it would pull redline in 5th". It didn't so I shut it down (shortly before, while cruising at about 75 I was passed by some fancy Camaro doing well morethan that. I gave him his space ... he found the smokey)

Flat out one night on the way to DZ, at night, 2 lane highway with a nice ess-bend. 'bout 200 kph (aka 'terminal velocity') in my 89 Civic Si. Not a soul around so I kept it flat out through the sweeper (I'm an ex-road racer). Suddenly, oncoming lights, and guess who it was. Eee-yup, I saw the brake lights come on (I don't think they got a lock on me) but I kept goin'. Conveniently, I was near the intersection to the dropzone and about a mile later there is a small country bar. I think they must have passed by while I was inside grabbing my case o beer for my "first" successful flight from "them". At night, at speed, I could have been anybody in a "small car".

Speed doesn't do it for me - cornering does. Since Manitoba is flat and based on the mile road grid, I'm pretty safe here... I did average 104 mph on the way to Holister from SanFransisco in my sister's DelSol last summer though... (weeeeee:)
-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Damn, Chuck!! Bet your dad blew a fuse or two when he heard about that?!? :S

I have no tickets near as bad as that. I just have a lot more of them... Probably close to 20 tickets in 20 years, but 15 in the last 8...

Most were for speeding 10 to 15 over the limit... My fastest recorded speeding ticket was 87 in a 70... I regularly go over 80 mph on my daily commute. They just built up a median wall so that simplifies my lookout for troopers ahead, but I could still get one... I just won't have to worry about troopers crossing over the median and chasing me down (which accounts for half of my highway tickets).

I've talked my way out of my share of tickets by just being remorseful while sitting in the cop car and mumbling "I should have left home earlier so I wouldn't have to speed". Trooper replies "there you go" and lets me off with a warning. Then after I get out of trooper range, I'm back up to my usual speed... :D

I had my license suspended for 6 months once for having too many points on my record. Get 3 tickets in less than a year and that'll happen. (less if they're aggravated or for multiple offenses) I'm now nearing a year without any tickets and hoping to extend my luck further... :ph34r:

My wife did get a ticket once that she decided to go to court to talk to the judge about. She typed up a letter taking responsibility for speeding and agreed to pay the fine, but asked the court not to report it to DMV (no points on record) and the judge agreed.

Don't expect that to work every time though. It depends on how you deliver your story... :P

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ummmmm, I guess I can only talk about the ones I SHOULD have gotten...

Flat out (about 135 mph) in a 6 series BMW coupe on the Ohio Turnpike "just to see if it would pull redline in 5th". It didn't so I shut it down

Many European vehicles have governors with the limti set by the sort of tires they ship with. For example B5 Audi A4s won't go over 137 MPH with the stock computer.

Flat out one night on the way to DZ, at night, 2 lane highway with a nice ess-bend. 'bout 200 kph (aka 'terminal velocity') in my 89 Civic Si. Not a soul around so I kept it flat out through the sweeper (I'm an ex-road racer). Suddenly, oncoming lights, and guess who it was. Eee-yup, I saw the brake lights come on (I don't think they got a lock on me) but I kept goin'. Conveniently, I was near the intersection to the dropzone and about a mile later there is a small country bar. I think they must have passed by while I was inside grabbing my case o beer for my "first" successful flight from "them". At night, at speed, I could have been anybody in a "small car".

Speed doesn't do it for me - cornering does. Since Manitoba is flat and based on the mile road grid, I'm pretty safe here... I did average 104 mph on the way to Holister from SanFransisco in my sister's DelSol last summer though... (weeeeee:)
-Dave