mynacat

Video Camera

I suggest you spend your money on jumptickets for now (that is if your jumpnumbers are correct in your profile) and start thinking about cameras way later.

Then you should read the STICKY in the Photography and Video forum.
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

>For someone interested in starting flying with camera, what camera
>do you guys recomend?

None, at first. If you are really interested in flying with camera, get some experience with belly flying and freeflying first, to the point where you are competent in your discipline. If you want to do 4-way video, for example, get to the point where you can do a 10 point 4 way. THEN add complications.

What is the harm of the OP buying a camera now? From the original post it doesn't say he/she is going to be jumping it right away.

Good point, and what is hot and happening right now will be yesterday's news by the time the OP is ready to jump with one.

Good point, and what is hot and happening right now will be yesterday's news by the time the OP is ready to jump with one.

My point is that its ok to buy a camera now, learn how to work it from the ground first, then start jumping it.

My point is that its ok to buy a camera now, learn how to work it from the ground first, then start jumping it.

True, especially for stills camera. However it rarely seems to work out that way - pretty soon after someone has aquired a camera, they're gonna jump it.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

What if they dont sell the box to fit that camera when he finally get's enough jumps?
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Pick up a Canon Rebel XT/XTi/whatever you run across. Spend lots of time taking pictures on the ground, there's lots to learn about settings for different light conditions, the green box isn't always right for what you want the picture to look like. In a couple years when you're ready for jumping a camera there will be much better gear than is available now.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Pick up a Canon Rebel XT/XTi/whatever you run across. Spend lots of time taking pictures on the ground, there's lots to learn about settings for different light conditions, the green box isn't always right for what you want the picture to look like. In a couple years when you're ready for jumping a camera there will be much better gear than is available now.

What the diff between the Rebel XS and XT?

Not for skydiving but for wife.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

What the diff between the Rebel XS and XT?

Not for skydiving but for wife.

Take a look at dpreview: Eos 350D/Rebel XT EOS 1000D/Rebel XS

ciel bleu,
Saskia