davidfreefly

freefall flag

Hi there,

Im a university student and the university is going to launch a new corporative logo. I told them if they would like to take some pictures of the new logo on a flag wihle freefalling, for free of course, just marketing for our university parachuting club and they are very interested. They asked me if i have some sample pics of a flag in freefall. Any one has any pic of a freefalling flag??

Thanks

Another thing... tips for the measurments for the flag??

Here's one of the Harvard Business School banner in freefall.

And here's a "Thank-you" flag in freefall.

My advice is to make it very sturdy, and short. Sew on a strong material at the bottom with good handles. The top will whiplash the most, so anything you want to be readable should be towards the bottom. On the "thank-you" flag photo, I actually photo-shopped in part of one of the letters (I forget which). because there was no frame that had every letter legible at once.

Also, have the talent practice stowing the flag (left hand) at a pre-planned altitude so you can use it again when the first jump doesn't work so well...

thank you very much!!! i will do the flag narrow, and tall.

the flag will only have a logo, no letters.

What do you mean stowing the flag??? the harvard flag could you stow it during freefall?? i was plannig to deploy with the flag on the left hand, but no stowed. (like a freefly tube)

...i will do the flag narrow, and tall....

Not tall, short (unless you were just being funny).

Before deployment, the jumper should pass the handle from right hand to left, and then reach up and gather the flag and stow it in his/her left hand. Do this and repeat until pull altitude to minimize the amount of material in the breeze (you really don't want material flopping above you when you deploy your pilot chute). If the jumper has a problem, let go of the whole assembly before deploying the main parachute.