Ncrowe

Ashley Simpson

get another chick and name the duo Milli-Vallerini

:D I like it!

And, whenever I see your sig line...

May the Force be with you.

I always feel like replying with

And also with you

and then I'd stand up and sit down a bunch.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

There are too many talented people out there w/o the connections she has- they deserve it more than her...

Yep, but somehow I doubt the music business will ever be "fair"... Unfortunately, talent doesn't seem to be the biggest factor in getting a record deal.... But, fortunately, the Internet (and cheaper technology in general) is now making it easier for musicians (and small indie labels) to promote themselves and sell their own records without the support of a big corporate record label.

As for Ashlee Simpson (and this is not directed at anyone in particular)... It is kinda sad to see how much hate some people seem to feel for her. I don't care for her music, and I feel indifferent towards her as a person... But what exactly causes some people to feel _hate_ for some teenybopper girl who they've probably never even met in person? I mean, why not just turn the channel or ignore her if she annoys you? Are some people's lives really so miserable that they have to channel their anger and rage to some pop star who should really have no significant effect on their lives in the first place??? Or does she somehow represent a larger threat that strikes a nerve with certain people???

Hmm, it just disturbs me to see such unnecessary negativity in the world...

Are some people's lives really so miserable that they have to channel their anger and rage to some pop star who should really have no significant effect on their lives in the first place?

Yep. Folk identify emotionally with people they see on TV. If they didn't there wouldn't be a hell of a lot of an industry there... they love to cheer the good guy, boo the villain, and see little miss "I'm totally against it and offended by it.... I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me*" get her comeuppance.

* in an interview with Lucky magazine.

You left out the whole quote, dude.

"I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

What did she do? Stood there and danced around.

And as for Shotgun's comment, I don't call it anger and rage. I prefer to call it "told you so" and "hollywood image machine gets served."

Does she have any significant effect? No. I shit on her music. But, hey, when anyone of any field is exposed as a phony, there is every reason in the world to let that person have it. And her family, and her record label, and her publicists for hawking a product that is not what it claims to be.

Personally, those sound engineers deserve great credit. They could probably make me sound good.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yep. Folk identify emotionally with people they see on TV. If they didn't there wouldn't be a hell of a lot of an industry there... they love to cheer the good guy, boo the villain, and see little miss "I'm totally against it and offended by it.... I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me*" get her comeuppance.

* in an interview with Lucky magazine.

I see... I guess I didn't understand since I don't emotionally identify with her... And I guess I thought that only preteens and younger would emotionally identify with her, but I must have been wrong...

As for the "anger and rage" I wasn't really referring to anyone on here (well, except for maybe one person). Sorry, I wasn't clear on that... I was referring more to one of the websites/forums linked from here that had comments calling her a "stupid cunt" or a "stupid bitch" and "getting what she deserved"... and I just thought that was a little unnecessary and a little scary to think that people have such deep and uncontrollable anger that they need to take it out on whoever is the easiest target at the moment.

Anyhow, I'm done with my self-righteousness for the day. I am stressed out, and it's time to drink some whiskey. ;)

Oh, and you don't really read Lucky Magazine, do you??? :P

It is kinda sad to see how much hate some people seem to feel for her.

I don't think the negativity is directed toweard her so much as this is a backlash against all that Hollywood currently stands for... image over substance, fashion over art... is this really any big surprise?

The more things change, the more they remain the same....

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

bwahahahah good job last night on SNL...... she lip syncs..no way! Its all over the news pretty funny stuff

I didnt see that show( at chix rock) but I volunteered to work the RMA's and she actually sang on them..I didnt know what the joke was about etc.
she didnt really sing bad, but I wouldnt say it was good either:D
My photos

My Videos

I want to see music brought to a time when talent is the reason for a singer's popularity. When I go to a concert, I'm paying to hear their actual voice. These days, its come to this. Watching an Ashlee Simpson concert is like taking a girl out to dinner: You're paying 80 bucks to wish she would just shut the fuck up and take her clothes off.

Seems like this whole incident definitely put a dent into her popularity...

She was supose to be at a Best Buy nearby this week....originally the deal was you had to purchase a camera to get in and get a picture taken....ever since Saturday its been changed to a free admission, and you can bring your own camera for the picture:D I think they're jsut a little worried not many people will show up....

She also cancelled another nearby live appearance...

I almost feel bad for the girl......almost...

*daizey*