Gory

Value of the canopy

Hi,

I am wondering what do you guys think how much is Triathlon 150 worth with 600 jumps, new lines 100 jumps ago, and DOM 1999? It has small patch 0.5"x0.5".

I appreciate your help.

Gory
Blueskies
"Nothing in this world worth having, comes easy"

Not claiming to be an expert and having just sold a Silhouette on the classifieds, I will make a wild stab at it.
Since there is one in the classified for $1,450 which is said to have 2 jumps on it, and one that is a lot smaller for $1K, I would make a wild stab at being worth somewhere around $800. If you include the bag, risers, toggles and pilot chute, its probably worth more.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

If you include the bag, risers, toggles and pilot chute

Those are all parts of the container and should not be sold with a canopy.

The D-bag in particular is not only manufacturer specific but it is also model specific. ie a d-bag for a Wings W1 is not suitable for a Wings W11.

There can be some very serious consequences form mixing parts from different container systems. Please check with you rigger.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

There can be some very serious consequences form mixing parts from different container systems. Please check with you rigger.

If those consesquences are so serious, then how do you explain the regular demo canopy swapping done by manufacturers?
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

aren't you supposed to use your own d-bag and pilot chute?

Every time I've demoed one of PD's canopies at a boogie, they simply swapped it at the three-rings - risers on up. They were obviously very used to doing this as all their canopies were neatly set up with carrying bags that controlled riser orientation. They simply made sure the container was reasonably correct in size for the canopy being demoed.

Come to think of it though - that Velo 79 was a bit of a loose fit... ;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

According to PIA Technical Standard 102, the canopy manufacturer is only required to supply, canopy, lines, slider and links.
Container manufacturers are expected to supply pilot chutes, bridles, d-bags, risers and toggles.
If some one sells you a container without risers, that may be a blessing on disguise because risers are high-wear items.

Most modern mini risers are compatible with most other containers. You can install mini risers on mini or regular-sized harness rings.
The biggest variable is "which side is the RSL on?"

But you may encounter incompatibilities when swapping d-bags between different container manufacturers.