bergh

100 th Jump and Skydiving Traditions

After seeing a few people post "100th jump" I started thinking.

I always though that the 100th jump tradition is doing the jump in the your birthday suit(that's the way I did mine). This seems to be general rule in South Africa.

So my question is this just an SA thing or is it a global thing ? The reason I ask is because I seen so many people post about there 100th and very few were actual done in what I consider to be the traditional way.

Maybe we should start making a complete list of the most well know traditions .....

Cheers

most 100 jumps i know have always been the traditional 'getting pied'.
cram pies and crap thrown all over you. In new zealand when we know someone will have their 100th jump in coming weeks we will all save old cream and milk and dregs of anything that goes disgusting and bath them in this when they get their rig off after their 100th jump.
The odd person will do the naked jump but what fun is that for the people on the ground?
Then they will buy 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 trays of beer or 5 or 6, depending on themselves and how much they want to celebrate.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It's not always quite as warm as SA in the UK... neked jumps at some times of the year could be life threatening - at least to progeny.

100th is a special jump on which you generally plan to do something special - whatever that may be for you. I think I did something like a 7 or 11-way tracking dive. That's a large size jump for a 100th jump.

Pies aren't common. Beer is a firm rule - you buy beer for your 100th. The explanation generally given is that it's your "first" 100th jump.B|

We pied several people this season (including myself) for their 100th skydive. And one for his 2000th. Only one naked jump that I can recall this year at Blue Skies... Amazon was there to witness the landing.
At Blue Skies, the 100th is a pie'ing event, as well as 500, and every 1000. When a student graduates, they get mooned by the guys and flashed by the girls as they walk up the hill after their grad dive, and then we go to Hooters and have them dance on the table with Hooters girls!!! (ok, that only happened once, but what a tradition that would be.)
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I dunno, I have 7 jumps to go and I already know my friends at Perris will do something like pie me or thrown me in the pool.

Well if your planning on doing your 100th this weekend I'll be sure to help the "Fuckers" get you into the pool..... :P:D

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I dunno, I have 7 jumps to go and I already know my friends at Perris will do something like pie me or thrown me in the pool. Fuckers. :D:D

Not sure what to do for the actual jump, though.

Yay Chelle, I wanna be one of the fuckers who pies you, managed to avoid it myself but think it would be fun to do to someone else. Hope I can be there for it. I'm sure you'll think of something fun and exciting to do for your 100th! ;) Have fun!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I think the naked 100th jump only happens at small DZs nowadays

i did my 100th naked at cross keys... i'd call that a pretty big dz........ ut this was back in summer of 01' when the attitueds of the country were okay withnakedness.... they hadn't got fed up enough withthe pop videos yet..lol.....

These are some pictures of a teammate of mine just after his 100th freefall. We were in Yuma, AZ. His just happened to be a night, combat equipment, oxygen, ~15 mile standoff HAHO. I'm the one on the right giving Marty the pie in the face and then licking it off in the next picture. I love it! Brings back memories. B|