Stardust

Last weekend at the DZ

*sigh* It's bittersweet. This coming up weekend marks the end of our DZ season. I don't know what I'm going to do. [:/] It has pros: I can't remember that last time I had a day off (not complaining, boss). I'll save on gas. Mostly there are cons. And I'm really going to miss the community. It's been a good season (despite bad weather). I'm stoked about next year.

"It is never easy to keep reaching for dreams. Strength and courage can sometimes be lonely friends. But those who reach walk in stardust."

i know what you mean, our season ends in a couple of weeks, and i'm stuck at 96 jumps! the weather has been terrible, so i'll even take hop'n'pops to get to 100 before everything wraps up. with any luck, my season will start a little early with a trip to perris in the spring, ah, perris in the spring, has a nice ring to it! B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Yeah, I should plan a trip somewhere. Thing is, I'd end up going by myself and I'm really shy off the hop...:$

trips are fun... you're in manitoba? take a road trip to sdc, sunshine'll look right after ya!
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Yeah, I should plan a trip somewhere.

You're in Manitoba? THE trip to do is the Canadian Invasion in January! 3 weeks of bliss at Skydive Arizona, in Eloy. Doesn't matter if you don't know anyone, there are always .commers there! Not to mention a nice big crowd of crazy Canucks and Alaskans escaping the weather. It's organised by Eden North out of Edmonton, and they do a great job.

I'll be there (fingers crossed!!!!! Eloy or bust!) for about 10 days. PM me if you want more info, or go to the Eden North website.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Hi Megs :)
Has our weather not sucked so horribly this year?

A good number of The Winnipeg Skydiving Centre seniors head to Lake Wales in March every year - their DZ will all be brand spankin' new (after the hurricane(s)) - joining the 'Manitoba crowd' might take the edge off (a shy skydiver??). The trip is slated for the first half of March +/- but I have CGA exams so I can't go... I'm thinking about Para-Ski out East though. PM me for some contacts. Also, we may do some winter jumping this year so your 'trip' need only be cross-province (I don't recognize the nickname so I'm presuming...).

(wishing for) Blue Skies

Dave
C1 IA QE (bla bla bla :P)

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)