genoyamamoto

She feels no pain.

I just read this article on cnn HERE .

This article talks about a girl who can't feel pain, and all the drawbacks of not feeling pain. This got me thinking, is it worth not feeling pain? Would you rather not feel physical pain knowing that people would constantly have to watch you to make sure you don't hurt yourself?

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

It's worse to not be able to feel pain, becuase you can seriously damage yourself and not know. There's a reason we feel pain, it's to keep us out of dangerous situations. Without this important feedback mechanism, you're kinda screwed. I'd rather be able to take calculated risks knowing I might feel pain than just plunge in without any knowledge of what pain is. It's such a fundamental part of life I can't imagine living without it.

Besides, there are other kinds of pain than physical. Let's see what happens the first time this kid gets dumped by a S.O.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I definitely feel pain when I need to, but I do believe I am a little too tolerant of it. Like if someone says does that hurt, I know I feel the pain but it's not painful like it might be for someone else if they felt the same thing. When I broke my leg, it didn't really hurt at all when it happened. I don't think I would have known it was broken if my foot wasn't turned around to the side. I did break nerves so that probably had something to do with it. When I'm in physical therapy they ask if it hurts when I do something. I say yeah it hurts, but I can deal with it.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I have a portion on my tummy that has no nerve endings. I could cut through it with a knife and not feel a thing. It's freaky and i hate it.

Tattoo it! ;)

Pain is good - poor little girl. 'Course she could be a tough little scrapper if she wanted since no one could really stand up to her. She's going to have a heck of a time going through life... [:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

oookay....interesting...........

If talking about a good old fashion ass fucking can't liven up these forums, I just don't know what will. :D:D
... oh wait! How about all the babes get in a big hot mud bath and see who is the slipperiest.. Is that a word? :S:D:):P

P.S.... Just feeling cocky today.. yep, yepsiree... I gots a tude! ;)B|:)

Damn I love these forums, i'm cracking up over here.... it appears that anything can lead to an anal entry conversation in these parts.

Anyway, isn't this disease similar to (but arguably not as extreme as) leprosy?

I believe that leprosy simply suppresses sensory information (including pain) from getting to your brain. A stubbed toe doesn't get noticed... it infects, gangrene sets in... causing it to "die" and become deformed or fall off.

It's gross, but makes you realize that even pain has it's place.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Don't be afraid of death,
be afraid of the unlived life.

oookay....interesting...........

If talking about a good old fashion ass fucking can't liven up these forums, I just don't know what will. :D:D
... oh wait! How about all the babes get in a big hot mud bath and see who is the slipperiest.. Is that a word? :S:D:):P

P.S.... Just feeling cocky today.. yep, yepsiree... I gots a tude! ;)B|:)