narcimund

Just married!

Part of being a friend is accepting them for who they are.

Hear, hear, hear.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Congratulations Narcimund! ;) If only the City of Chicago would follow suit!!! I hope your union (and hopefully, soon to be 'legal' union) strengthens the committment the two of you already have. Kudos to those of you who are able to see through Base's hostility for what it is: ignorance and hatred.

DK

Congratulations Narcimund! ;) ... I hope your union (and hopefully, soon to be 'legal' union) ...

Actually, the marriage is already completely legal. Some places in the country are performing marriages in apparent conflict with their state's "Defense of Marriage" legislation, but Oregon has no such law. This is a done deal.

Unless of course the state sometime decides to reverse itself and dissolve our marriage... but that seems extraordinarily unlikely. And cruel besides.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Congratulations Narcimund! ;) If only the City of Chicago would follow suit!!! I hope your union (and hopefully, soon to be 'legal' union) strengthens the committment the two of you already have. Kudos to those of you who are able to see through Base's hostility for what it is: ignorance and hatred.

DK

if you can deal with the bullshit come on into canada it's legal here. cheers

--------------------------------------------------
who Jah bless Let no man curse.

Did you guys ever think that I can be a friend to someone, but not approve of their lifestyle? I've got several gay friends, however, I don't like nor do I approve of their homosexuality.

Am I the only one here that thinks sticking your dick in another man's rectum is quite odd?

some friend.

How incredibly fucking tacky. You want to do this, fine - god bless the 1st amendment - Start a new fucking thread!

Congratulations Narcimund! ;) ... I hope your union (and hopefully, soon to be 'legal' union) ...

Actually, the marriage is already completely legal. Some places in the country are performing marriages in apparent conflict with their state's "Defense of Marriage" legislation, but Oregon has no such law. This is a done deal.

Unless of course the state sometime decides to reverse itself and dissolve our marriage... but that seems extraordinarily unlikely. And cruel besides.

Well, 8 months later, the unlikely and cruel thing will happen today. My husband and I are going to be involuntarily divorced. Two people who love each other and have stood by each other for 6 years are going to be told, "Not good enough."

Rereading this thread made me remember how nice it was to be given a surprise cake at a favorite local shop, to have a stranger sing an a capella love song just for us, to have our friends and family come to our party, and even to have such nice things said to us here on dropzone.com.

So looking back at how nice it was, I wanted to thank you all again for being so kind. Thanks.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Things will change eventually. They have to. Reactionnary forces can only delay but not stop what is the inevitable. This country was built partially on the respect of individual freedom. I'm sorry you have to go through all that bullshit. Your time will come. Again.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

So looking back at how nice it was, I wanted to thank you all again for being so kind. Thanks.

Even those of us who congradulated you, but you called a biggot in another thread?

Sorry it did not work out for you...Of course you will not believe me..But I can live with that.

Edit...Actually you called me your Enemy if I remember.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Even those of us who congradulated you, but you called a biggot in another thread?

Sorry it did not work out for you...Of course you will not believe me..But I can live with that.

Dude what is your problem? Can't you take this to PMs or speakers corner where it belongs?

Dude what is your problem? Can't you take this to PMs or speakers corner where it belongs?

Could not you have done the same?

I told him congrats when he got married...But he slammed me...I told him sorry, but brought up how he treated me last time.

And like I said...If you have a problem maybe you should have taken it to PM's or SC?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

This seemed appropriate.

It most certainly is not acceptable to turn a good strong positive thread about somebody getting married into your own personal soap box.

Shame on you.

_Am

Ron - You continue to amaze me with how bad your judgment and timing can be. You won't believe me, but I can live with that.

Everyone, please don't let this thread spiral out of control.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Ron - You continue to amaze me with how bad your judgment and timing can be. You won't believe me, but I can live with that.

Bad judgment maybe...bad timing...maybe. Your opinion.

And I do believe you feel that way. I know EXACTLY how you feel about me...you have made it quite clear.

I DID congradulate him when got married. I don't agree with gay marriage and he attacked me for that. I was happy for him anyway.

I DO feel badly that he is being forced to get divorced. I don't even agree with him being forced to get divorced.

Even if I don't agree with the situation, I still do not wish people to be unhappy...Even when they attack me.

Of course he, and you, will not believe me.

Hey bud - don't let the f*ckers bring you down. It is only a minor setback, and the backwards thinking idiots will one day shut up or pass on and progress will be made...such is life. Hell, most of the vocal ones can't even get marriage right themselves, and you are already proving you understand how to have a healthy loving relationship and they are incapable of it. If anything, you should have pity on them.

As I've grown over the last few years I've come to realize that marriage really should just be a private, small thing. In reality it is only there to show the world how much you love your partner. Well, we know that you do - that is what matters. Not tax laws, etc.

In the end, what matters is you found the person you want to spend your life with. Everything else is just noise.

Hail, Hail, the lucky ones. I refer to those in love. - Eddie Veder.

Blue Ones.

Well, 8 months later, the unlikely and cruel thing will happen today. My husband and I are going to be involuntarily divorced. Two people who love each other and have stood by each other for 6 years are going to be told, "Not good enough."

I'm sorry:(

It's a shame, but at least take into account who is telling you it's not good enough... who the hell needs the approval of those with so much hatred for those in love? I hope it comes together for you later on, but for now, you ARE married. You committed to one another, and that is what counts. Fuck the eyes of The State, or Bush, or whatever! You should go out and celebrate what an awesome thing you have with each other, regardless of what some ignorant pompous fools say!

So, having missed this thread earlier this year, I want to say CONGRADULATIONS! For making that committment to one another, for finding that special someone who you want to spend forever with. I wish you both the best!

Angela.

Sorry to hear that. :( You lost a legal document, but not each other...I know it's still gotta be very hard though.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.