narcimund

Just married!

My husband (occasionally known here on dropzone.com as SkyDaemon) and I are proud to announce that yesterday we were married. In the eyes of the governments of Multnomah County and the State of Oregon, we are wed.

The officiating judge, with excellent humor and happiness for us both, only screwed up the "Husband and Wife... er.. I mean Husband and Husband" once. His clerk who acted as a witness was cheering and crying for us both. She thought this was the best thing to come through the courtroom in ages.

The judge told us he was surprised that we were the first to come to him for the ceremony. Apparently almost all of the other 1400 couples who married in Portland in the last week have chosen members of the clergy to perform religious ceremonies for them.

Our last-minute party that evening was fantastic with champagnes and caviar and fois gras pate and cakes of all sorts :)

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Hi Guy's

CongratsB| Did you get Video;) Is this your First marriage:|

Your the first Guy's I've spoken to (cyber space) that have gotten married:). OK Ok I'll buy beer if we ever meet.

Congrats anyway.:), Only ask other person if it was a first.>:(

OTOH The judge admitted this was his first. So he does owe beer.B|

:)R.I.P.

No video, but we did get a lovely Suitable For Framing certificate. Does that count?

And yes, it's the first marriage for both of us at least of the legal-type. I suppose we could buy some beer, but everyone seemed to want the champagne last night. I think beer would have been politely ignored.

But then again there weren't any skydivers at the party.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

>>No video, but we did get a lovely Suitable For Framing certificate. Does that count?>>

Only if we get to see it:)
>>And yes, it's the first marriage for both of us at least of the legal-type. I suppose we could buy some beer, but everyone seemed to want the champagne last night. I think beer would have been politely ignored. >>

Free Champagne would work great at a DZ!!! Every one Buy's beer!

>>But then again there weren't any skydivers at the party.

>>

Congrats again. (my second);)

R.I.P.

Thats just wrong....Not the marriage, congrats on that but this:

But then again there weren't any skydivers at the party.

What the hell is that? I got married ON the DZ. (Well, I was actually on a skydive at the time)...My Ex-wife was getting the papers signed and met me in the landing area with a kiss and said..."were married". I kissed her back, and then had to pack..I was training. (Notice I said EX wife?:S)

No video, but we did get a lovely Suitable For Framing certificate. Does that count?

You know the rules...No video and it didn't happen.

Congrats.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Congratulations to both of you.
I'd say "Many happy returns" but somehow that doesn't sound quite right for a wedding...
So just keep racking up years together

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)