Gory

Smart Reserve or R-Max

In my opinion Smart is one of the best reserves there is. You will be able to find great reads on the smart reserve.

The only draw back to me about the Smart reserve is that the Smart packs larger than a industry standard PD reserve, meaning that when you buya wings container or certain size Vectors you need to either get a size larger container or a size smaller reserve.

I would not hesitate to jump a Aerodyne reserve or a PD reserve in my container anyday.

Saying that though, there are alot of EXCELLENT reserves out there.

I have no idea about R-Max, sounds like what yamaha call my outboard engine (V-Max)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I can tell you about my reserve ride on an R-max 188. It worked just fine and sat me down with a nice flare.

It was a good price, but to each its own. I think i paid about 775 + s/h brand new two years ago. It was a subterminal deployment, RSL fired before my ripcord.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Wondering what people think about the two?

Thanks,
Gory

My one reserve ride was on a Smart reserve. Worked out nicely.

My g/f's one reserve ride was on an R-Max. Worked out nicely.

I think it just boils down to a matter of preference. I haven't heard anything negative about the R-Max, and people seem to like their Smart reserves.

From what I remember, the marketing materials for the R-Max touted that it had been specifically built and tested for higher-than-normal deployment speeds (i.e., premature freefly deployment), but that could just be marketing-speak. I'm not a rigger, so I'm sure someone else will chime in on that one.
Signatures are the new black.

From what I remember, the marketing materials for the R-Max touted that it had been specifically built and tested for higher-than-normal deployment speeds (i.e., premature freefly deployment), but that could just be marketing-speak. I'm not a rigger, so I'm sure someone else will chime in on that one.

They are both certified under TSO-C23d. They were test to at least 264 pounds at 180 KEAS. That means they are certified to 220 pounds at 150 KEAS. They can test to any weight and speed they want but the certification is as above.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals