PhillyKev

Segway is cool...

My boss bought one for the office. They're ridiculously overpriced but I don't care, I didn't pay for it. I just get to ride it around the city on my lunch break.

Reactions ranged from....that's really cool, to that's really dorky, to how lazy can you fucking get...

But I'll tell you what, the bugger really gets moving (12.5mph) and you can catch a little air if you get full speed, crank a quick in place turn and jump with it.

I highly recommend everyone find someone else to buy one so that you can play with it.

I got a chance to ride one around the lobby of the Tech Museum here in San Jose, and it was pretty cool. Only had about 2 minutes on it, and we could only ride it around a 30 foot circle. I thought that was pretty weak until I watched two other people crash the damn thing into the wall after almost running down the demo guys. ;)

Maybe I can convince my boss I need one to go from building to building around here...
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

I thought that was pretty weak until I watched two other people crash the damn thing into the wall after almost running down the demo guys.

There's a key switch that can put it into low-speed demo mode for when you are first learning how to ride it, or high-speed "holy shit" mode. They are weird to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, they're an absolute blast.

Like skydivers everywhere, it won't be long before you're just not excited enough rideing it solo the way it is designed. You gotta start seeing how many people you can pile on it at once... (see attached photo)

My boss bought one for the office. They're ridiculously overpriced but I don't care, I didn't pay for it. I just get to ride it around the city on my lunch break.

Reactions ranged from....that's really cool, to that's really dorky, to how lazy can you fucking get...

But I'll tell you what, the bugger really gets moving (12.5mph) and you can catch a little air if you get full speed, crank a quick in place turn and jump with it.

I highly recommend everyone find someone else to buy one so that you can play with it.

Our school has a dozen Segways for us to play around with (Segway donated them). I can't believe that anyone but a moron could fall off one.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

4 way segway RW coming soon...:D

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I rode one at the Greenbrier spa in West Virginia when it was first introduced.

I tried to get a few other people (also on Segways) to play chicken with me, but the spa people freaked out and put a stop to that.

Hahhahha. Yeah, they'll do that at the Greenbrier. I bet that really put their assholes into full pucker mode.
---
Some days it's not even worth the effort to chew through the restraints.

Hahhahha. Yeah, they'll do that at the Greenbrier. I bet that really put their assholes into full pucker mode.

I should have expected it out of a place that frowns upon women wearing pants.

Damn...that sounds like my kind of place!!! All the women walk around naked from the waist down???

;)