g3ninfinite

Vigil 2 vs Cypres 2

Argus and Vigil are definitely NOT the same thing with different packaging. I jump an Argus, don't trust the Vigil, like the Cypres also, but got a great deal on the Argus. Argus hasn't had the misfire issues of the Vigil. I once watched a student Cypres not fire til well under 500', so nothing is perfect, but it did save this guys life. I jumped for over 15 years without an AAD. I hope I never need it, but...

+1 on flying with an Argus, but liking the Cypres (& mistrusting a Vigil).

The main reason I went with the Argus was that while it had the drawbacks of the Cypres (4-yr maintenance, which some people see as a +), it offered some advantages:

- No limited life. Doesn't turn into a paperweight at 12 years, provided it passes the test.

- Multi-mode. Yes, you can send your Cypres back to Aviacom to have it switched to swoop mode, but the Argus is user-switchable.

- Rigger-switchable, off-the-shelf lithium batteries.

To each their own, though.
Signatures are the new black.

I've been VIGIL 2 user now three years, my GF two years and we both still waiting our first "miss firing" I guess that miss firing will happens prior in bed than in the sky, plane or Mercedes trunk... I'll promise to tell you when that happens but meanwhile you might send your Cypress couple times back to service... -cheers-