ozzy13

Best container

Advance and Seven from www.basik.fr:P

Right back at ya, LOADS of people use Advances here in Lithuania and I love the detail and quality of the container, I haven't jumped it, but I tried one on with a 79 VX inside, it was an absolute dream, like an empty weightless backpack..

IMHO best looking container in the market as well (but that's just my opinion..).
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Over the years I have owned and jumped a Vector, Jav, Infinity, Flexon, Wings among a few others and do have likes and dislikes about each one. I currently am jumping a Wings as my primary. I also recently sold my Infinity as it fit the guy I sold it to was a bit better on him then me. The 2 favorites I have are the Wings and Infinity.

When I get my next rig I will be looking to either of those with an edge going to the Infinity for a couple of comfort reasons. Pricing is a little less on the wings it seems. All things being equal in terms of build time and price I would probably lean towards the Infinity slightly but if I got either I would be happy...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I have seen and heard some things that im not sure if I like with my vector. One is that on two accusations in one month I saw the pin on a micron go threw the bridle and lock causing a pilot chute in tow. Very scary. I have talked to several riggers and all of them seem to like the infinity the best. Im not a rigger so I wont speak about how the reserves are packed in different rigs.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but this happened because the rig was not packed to manufacturers recommendations...

... and it could happen to any rig. I have packed a number of different rigs and they have the same bridle routing, and the same pins, how is this the fault of the vector design specifically?

I have over 3000 jumps on vector 3's and I love them.

They are the safest rigs on the market, they may not be the cheapest, but the are well made and will last 1000's of jumps. You get what you pay for!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

In my experience, Mirage, Talon, Vector, Javelin and Infinity are all great rigs. If you like skyhooks, the Vector has the most refined system there. Workmanship on the Talons is outstanding, and I like the Mirage "small main large reserve" sizing options.

I think the question is what's the best container for you? I've flown with many different systems. All have pro's and cons but ultimately it just ends up with whatever feels and works best for the individual. I started with Javelins many moons ago and somehow gravitated to Mirage. Been with them for quite some time and couldn't be happier. Comfortable, functional and very well built. Certainly doesn't mean the best, even though I think so, but it is the best for me.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

In those pictures that rig is a Vector and is what happened to the other two I saw. Again I don't want this to be a beat vector up thread. I just seen it a couple times and its a issue.

I am trying to find out what other issues with other rigs are so I can see whats best.

Im sure all rigs have issues I would like to just find out what the are..;)

Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

I own a 2nd hand javelin and i've jumped & packed mirage, vectors, voodoo (sp?), icon and some more i don't remember. lately i came across a quasar container (a friend owns one) - so far the only container i'd buy if i had to get a new one
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

i'm looking forward to get my micron in a couple weeks. and i like my ('94) javelin and it will break my heart to see it go.. paratec are nice rigs too! or basik!

that being said, probably every modern design will be best in the eye of the beholder; and owner, most likely too!

get what you like best..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda