Neoslim22

question about brake line on sabre 150

Just got a new sabre 150 with 0 jumps, it was made in 99. The question I have is that there is no loop on the end of the line to attach the brake toggle to. It is just a straight piece of line, is there some sort of knot I can tie or do I need a loop with a bar tack? And is there a difference between ZP and ZP3 fabric?

It is just a straight piece of line, is there some sort of knot I can tie or do I need a loop with a bar tack?

There is a knot you can tie. Have your rigger show you how.

And is there a difference between ZP and ZP3 fabric?

Not that I've ever heard of.

Make the loop using a fingertrap tool and lock it using Jump Shack's sewless method. This is how I attach brake lines in any canopy. Have a rigger to check once you've done.
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

I don't bartack or use the sewless method at the toggle end, if you simply use an overhand knot on the fingertrapped loop then later you can untie it and move the fingertrap to a different location to allow for brakeline adjustment. Make sure you have at least 3" of line inside the fingertrap, I use as much as I can get in there. Similar method for closing loops allows adjustment there too.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Make the loop using a fingertrap tool and lock it using Jump Shack's sewless method. This is how I attach brake lines in any canopy. Have a rigger to check once you've done.

While you may be enthusiastic about the technique, it isn't exactly useful advice, telling someone who doesn't even know how to attach a toggle, to use a specialized rigging technique with a specialized rigging tool....

I just wanted to give him another option which would lead to the same result (safely attaching a toggle), but you are right, I should have suggested he asked a rigger to teach him how to do it.
A rigger can explain this as easily as tying a knot. Although it requires a fid or similar tool I don’t think it is a specialized task. It just requires some teaching and patience just like packing for example (which is way more complex though).
If I can attach a toggle this way in less than 5 minutes it can’t be difficult at all :D

Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted