Emmie

Broken Optima, Larsen & Brustgaard Replacement Policy

Hi there,
Was wondering if anyone has any experiences with getting L&B to replace/fix broken products. I have an Optima audible altimeter which stopped working. I couldn't figure out how to open the battery compartment and ended up prying it with a screwdriver (I know...asshole). Anyways, after this, the body of the altimeter was always sort of loose, so I ended up having electrical tape over it to keep it together, which worked up to last week. Now it's totally dead, and I am wondering if L&B have a replacement policy, or if anyone has experience sending them broken products to be fixed (since I don't want to shell out another couple of hundred grand for a new audible!) If so, did you have to ship it to Germany, or do they have local people working on their products? What were the timeframes?
Any comments/suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Thanks!:)

They have some of the BEST customer service out there. Myself and several other on this site have had something break/malfunction and they replaced it free of charge. I'm not sure what's going to happen since you took a screw driver to it but, give them a call. I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to help you out.

I don't want to shell out another couple of hundred grand for a new audible!

And since when is an audible a couple of GRAND??? Aren't they typically a couple of hundred? :D:P

L&B's customer service is top class. A quick search thru these forums will show lots of very happy customers.

Now, you admit that you broke the unit and wonder whether they will met the costs? You couldn't be bothered reading the manual and its their problem?

Frankly it seems to me that you should pay the costs of the repair/replacement, but rather than coming on DZ.com, why not try asking them or your dealer?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

If you reread my post, I never implied that they should be the ones responsible for my breaking my audible...However, most manufacturers do have policies where you can send them a broken product, and they'll fix it for a fee, or give you a discount on a new one, which was pretty much what I was wondering about.
Also...this is a gear forum designed for the very purpose of people like me asking questions about gear...I'm trying to get feedback from people on their experience with L&B, not using it as a substitute for contacting the manufacturer directly.
Thanks,
Em

Last year I sent L&B my ProTrack which had a cracked display face. I wanted to know if they could replace the cracked part, and they sent me a brand new ProTrack for FREE! They're awesome. Had to wait a few weeks, but it was totally worth it. B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

...If so, did you have to ship it to Germany, or do they have local people working on their products? What were the timeframes?
Any comments/suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Thanks!:)

Do not ship it to Germany B|
They are from Danmark

(Larsen & Brusgaard : Mosevej 3 : 4070 Kirke Hyllinge : Denmark)

L&B just fixed my Protrack. These are the instructions for repair.

Here is how we do it: You send in the unit to me: U. Berger/L.&B. USA, 1445 Pine Pl., Deland, FL. 32720, along with a check for $35.00. This is to cover the charge for check/clean/repair/replacement and shipping. The way it works is this: there is a $10.00 fee for us to take inn and check, test and clean the unit, we have a $20.00 charge for repair/replacement, and $5.00 for shipping (USPS) and handling. If the unit is repairable we will do so, if not we will simply send you a new unit (unless the unit is badly damaged from neglect), no extra charge other than what you have already paid. If your unit and the problem with your unit, is covered by the limited warranty, we will return your check with the unit, so if you think that is the case, we need the original receipt (or a copy of it) as well, of course we will make sure you get your receipt back with the unit!

We can usually ship the unit back within 2-3 weekdays.

I hope this helps you, if you should have any further questions or if you should need any help or information regarding a L. & B. product at a later date, or maybe you'll need batteries, clips, spare parts etc., we will be happy to assist you in any way we can!

Please let us know how we can help, by contacting [email protected]

When sending in units, please make sure that you enclose your return address, and a letter describing the problem you are experiencing.

Check must be made out to: U. Berger

Best regards

Ulla

L.&B. USA

Last year I sent L&B my ProTrack which had a cracked display face. I wanted to know if they could replace the cracked part, and they sent me a brand new ProTrack for FREE! They're awesome. Had to wait a few weeks, but it was totally worth it. B|

Same here. I sent L&B my Optima expecting them to just replace the cover, and they sent me back a brand new Optima. They even threw in some extra betteries:)
How can I be so thirsty when I drank so much last night?

Same here, my unit split open after about a year when I went to change the battery. I contacted L&B, they said to send it in, and I recieved a new Optima and spare batteries, as well as a "Protektor" silicone case for it...all FREE. Took about 2.5 weeks from the point it left my hands here in Canada.

L&B is the shit!
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I believe I have bought one of every skydiving product L&B has made including some early obscure ones. Some were better than others, but I have been 100% satisfied because of how they treat the customer after the purchase.

Their customer support has been UNBELIEVABLY great. On thing you never hear from L&B is "sorry we no longer support this product" or "you are out of warranty, tough luck." If there is a solution they will find it, even on older products.

Lars and Mad bend over backwards to keep their customers happy. Their US service prices are very cheap and save you the considerable cost of shipping to Denmark.

I have never seen their equal in customer service with any other kind of product in or out of skydiving. L&B has earned my loyalty. If they make it I will buy it.

It is amazing that they don't make an AAD? They are most of the way there in the guts of their current products. They must have good friends at AIRTEC.

L&B define excellent customer service. They are at the very tip top in my book with nobody in a close second place. I just wish other companies would be half as good.

And no, they don't pay me or give me stuff to write this gushing praise. They earned it.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.