slotperfect

"The Polar Express"

I took my familt to see "The Polar Express" yesterday - in IMAX 3D. It was the most incredible animated anything I have ever seen. What a fun movie! I was grinning like a little kid at times, and amazed by the realism of the 3D filmwork. I highly recommend you find the nearest IMAX theater and give this one a look!
Arrive Safely

John

I saw it yesterday with 400 girl scouts and brownies.

It is a great film, and near the end the elves do a two point 18-way off the North Pole Zeppelin before deploying ram-air parachutes.

My wife and me just cracked up loudly when we saw that one. The animation of the freefall and the points was perfect. It's a short scene, but whoever animated it really knew what they were doing, it seemed.

yay! I'm going to see it w/ my family when I go home for Christmas (CHRISTMAS!!!). My mom says she HAS to bring me, because it was one of my favorite books as a kid.
yipeeeeeeeeee!!! Christmas! The Polar Express!!!
I'm so giddy like Sherry Temple on crack! :)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

my office has an IMAX theater connected to it and I can't wait for the 3D to come so I have an excuse to see it with my little boy again:)

I won't go see the movie because I don't have time but, I'm helping to make The Polar Express for the Christmas prade this year. Our fire department always does something neat and this year thats what we choose. The fire engine will be the engine and it will be pulling two of my hay wagons made up to look like train cars. In the windows we'll have kids waving and Santa will be driving the engine/fire truck.

Craichead and I saw it in IMAX 3d last night...

Absolutely amazing movie. The movie itself was spectacular, the 3d effect made it even better.

Overall I was unimpressed with the 3d aspects of the movie, but there were a few select moments that made it all worthwhile. Specifically some of the more adventurous train scenes and the bungee jump...

I was similing all the way through, and I do not think its out of line to say this will be a christmas classic for decades to come.

If you haven't seen, go.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I use to read that book to my boys when they were younger. Still have the book. We plan a family event to go and see it very soon.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

saw it in 3D. it was a lot of fun. Did have a few bones to pick with cgi here and there in regard to facial expressions and really feeling as though you were along for the ride when the train took the severe down grade and ensuing icecapades. It was a lot of fun and left me with an overall happy movigoing experience. Two buttery thumbs up.

IMAX 3D glasses are cool.. in fact best part of the movie was the very beginning when they did the IMAX logo in liquid ripple effects in 3D. Well, now that I think about it, everytime I saw the cow plow on the front of the train that was very cool, and the train itself overall was extremely realistic.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

As soon as all the elves started chanting "EXTRA ALTITUDE!!" I knew it was a good movie. B| And I swear they turned a few points!! Not to mention... swooping the crowd!!! "Don't try this at home, Kids!!!"

That movie rocked. :)

-----------------------------------------------------
My son (2yrs old) shouted "SKYDIVE BABY!" when he saw them.:ph34r: