SkyChimp

Voodoo, Mirage, or Wings ??????

A lot of freefly and speed skydiving pros use them for a reason but it seems better to try to stay neutral, yes?Angelic

I don't see many Voodoos jumped, by pros or others. However, I think pros would use them for the same reason many use Javelins. Sponsorship. Not because they are better rigs, but because they got a better deal.

My vote is for Mirage.

vector 3, I love mine and it is the safest rig on the market in my opinion. Voodoo does not quite have the quality as would vector 3, mirage or infinity. your rigger will hate you if you have a wings. They are not fun to pack. If money is tight I would probably go with an infinity, infinity has high quality and great customer service. Some places have good deals on vector 3's though. Mirage is typically at the top of the price line. They are good, but I would take a vector 3 before that and maybe even an infinity depending on which was more comfortable between the mirage and infinity. Thats my 2 cents. Good luck.

+1 Vector 3 or Micron is the way to go.... well worth the money! I love mine!! Getting ready to buy another.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

vector 3, I love mine and it is the safest rig on the market in my opinion. Voodoo does not quite have the quality as would vector 3, mirage or infinity. your rigger will hate you if you have a wings. They are not fun to pack. If money is tight I would probably go with an infinity, infinity has high quality and great customer service. Some places have good deals on vector 3's though. Mirage is typically at the top of the price line. They are good, but I would take a vector 3 before that and maybe even an infinity depending on which was more comfortable between the mirage and infinity. Thats my 2 cents. Good luck.

+1 Vector 3 or Micron is the way to go.... well worth the money! I love mine!! Getting ready to buy another.

ok, so you like the Vector3. Have you tried all the others ? Is V3 the way to go because it works for you, or because you honestly think it's better than all the others ?

Oh!! you got me mr. dse that is what i said. LMAO. Get a damn life. This will be my last post on this site. Sangi send me a pm and ill give you my cell number and ill talk gear with you anytime.

he, who has least tolerance for bullshit, looses. I love it !

2shay : VooDoo sucks, Vector3 is the best
DSE : No VooDoo does not suck, in fact it's very nice.

please repeat while slowly increasing the volume until one of the people quits arguing.

Oh!! you got me mr. dse that is what i said. LMAO. Get a damn life. This will be my last post on this site. Sangi send me a pm and ill give you my cell number and ill talk gear with you anytime.

he, who has least tolerance for bullshit, looses. I love it !

2shay : VooDoo sucks, Vector3 is the best
DSE : No VooDoo does not suck, in fact it's very nice.

please repeat while slowly increasing the volume until one of the people quits arguing.

You failed to add that I also like the Aerodyne Icon, the Mirage as well. And if Stunts were still available...the Eclipse was the most comfy rig I've ever owned.
you missed my continual point. If you're gonna claim a manufacturer uses inferior materials, you'd better have more than an "opinion" to back it up. If you're going to claim that a manufacturer's design has a flaw that is potentially fatal, you'd best be prepared to back it up.
It's no different than the ridiculous argument that went on for nearly a year about dynamic corners. Many wingsuiters have em', one person claims they'll kill you. The person claiming they'd kill you had no data to back up his "opinion."

ok, so you like the Vector3. Have you tried all the others ? Is V3 the way to go because it works for you, or because you honestly think it's better than all the others ?

Jumped a Jav Odessey and a mirage liked the V3 the best. It was the most comfortable, I like the looks of it, and yes I like having a skyhook. I do not like pop tops but that's just me. I don't think any of them suck but for me the Vector was the way to go!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Jumped a Jav Odessey and a mirage liked the V3 the best. It was the most comfortable, I like the looks of it, and yes I like having a skyhook. I do not like pop tops but that's just me. I don't think any of them suck but for me the Vector was the way to go!

Don't you think that recommending V3 is premature since you have not experienced all the oters on the market ? Plus, perhaps you used rigs with harnesses that weren't fitted for you, and thus found them less comfortable than some others ?
As far as poptops - I just spoke to a guy today who prefers the Javelin because he feels more secure with semi-exposed poptop...

I have jumped Vectors, Infinities, Racers, Javelins, Wings, VooDoos, Talons, Eclipses, Mirages, Icons, Dolphins.

Basd on my experience if I was to get a new one I would get a Javelin or a Mirage or an Icon or a VooDoo in this particular order.

Thank you for the input. I've read many posts within this thread that have given good input on opinions and some posts that have slandered without cause. If there are more people reading this thread that have jumped different gear and haven't posted yet, please do so. I hope that more people post their feedback on different gear jumped. The purpose of this thread isn't to get into gear wars but rather help out someone who hasn't had the opportunity to jump the rigs listed in the subject line (or others). I myself at this time barely have over 300 jumps and I can humbly say that I don't know everything about rigs....... thus the reason for me starting this thread. Please keep that in mind if you have a similar amount of jumps like myself when posting here that you remain objective, especially if you haven't jumped a variety of the rigs listed above.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Thank you for the input. I've read many posts within this thread that have given good input on opinions and some posts that have slandered without cause. If there are more people reading this thread that have jumped different gear and haven't posted yet, please do so. I hope that more people post their feedback on different gear jumped. The purpose of this thread isn't to get into gear wars but rather help out someone who hasn't had the opportunity to jump the rigs listed in the subject line (or others). I myself at this time barely have over 300 jumps and I can humbly say that I don't know everything about rigs....... thus the reason for me starting this thread. Please keep that in mind if you have a similar amount of jumps like myself when posting here that you remain objective, especially if you haven't jumped a variety of the rigs listed above.

Which is why I said it is just my opinion and what I like. To the OP do I think I need to jump all the rigs you have to reccomend a Vector? NO! Because I know jumpers that have more jumps than you and have jumped more gear than you that have a VERY different opinion than you. That is because it is an "opinion". If I like my rig for all the reasons I listed I see nothing wrong with me telling someone else I do and why. Actually the 2nd most comfortable rig I have ever jumped was a Sweet Hog... ever jumped one of those? Not very modern or freefly friendly. The point is I am not trying to get in to a fight about the best brand as I stated it is my opinion and I do not think any of the rigs listed above suck.

SkyChimp I also made my decision based on what others with way more experience said. Good luck in your search and I'm sure no matter what you buy you will love it. You may even be on here in 6 months being all crazy about why your brand is the best. :P

ok time for me to ask... as a military guy deploying in a week. i just sold my rig, with the plan of getting a new rig when i return. so which brands do you all think would be the easiest to work with from across the planet... and do they offer military discounts? we have been talking about the discount thing at the DZ but no one can remember who offers them, how much the discount was, or if the discount was for rig, or extras... that would sway my decision big time. then i can buy more jump tickets, lol;)

ok time for me to ask... as a military guy deploying in a week. i just sold my rig, with the plan of getting a new rig when i return. so which brands do you all think would be the easiest to work with from across the planet... and do they offer military discounts? we have been talking about the discount thing at the DZ but no one can remember who offers them, how much the discount was, or if the discount was for rig, or extras... that would sway my decision big time. then i can buy more jump tickets, lol;)

I think most of the manufacturers offer a Military discount, just may not advertize it. Call your favorite and ask them.

I'm pretty sure Wings offer a military discount:-D

I know Strong Enterprises offers one for sure, they have a lot of military contracts but you would have to buy a QuasarII if you wanted that good of a discount.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

SkyChimp, are you confused yet? Looks like you have opened a can of worms :) After reading all comments, it looks that everyone like their own rigs. If you want to make your own choice then my advise is go and demo as many rigs as you can. Ask manufacturers questions and make up your own mind before you buy a new rig. None of the guys who tell you buy this one or that one are going to wear and or jump your rig. You will have to live with it so do your own research and make your own decision. Hope you will get a chance to demo lots and find what works best for you!
Blues

just bought a brand new mirage g4 and got a 30% military discount off the base model

edit to add: amazing customer service too, they answered all my rediculous questions in a very timely fashion with great answers, and delivered sooner then I expected!
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10