SkyChimp

Voodoo, Mirage, or Wings ??????

your rigger will hate you if you have a wings. They are not fun to pack

hvae to disagree with that. I like the design of the Wings freebag though I don't open it up all the way to bag the canopy. Love the pocket that keeps the velcro hook away from the lines and have no issues with them being a problem to pack.

Of course like ALL rigs there are tricks to making them look good. The biggest thing I see from riggers that don't like to pack something is a lack of time spent reading the manual and doing some basic research into what they are handling.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Didn't Mirage used to be one of the most expensive rig's on the market?

Did a little comparing today and Vector and Javelin was the most expensive before and after choosing options.

Not that I would complain about that because I love Mirage, but it seem that they haven't change the start price for a long time...

Those are superior pictures DSE!!! I do have one question..... Skyhook??? Obviously Microns have it but can Voodoo, Mirage, Wings, etc... have the skyhook option?

I heard some rigs have the modified option for it but wasn't sure which ones.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I do respect your opinion. The only thing I don't really care for is that you are saying that the 2 hd premies did not happen. Evidence, yes that is what I would call it. If you do not believe that it did happen than that is on you. I do not want to name anyone on forums, pm me and I will send you his name. I actually think the voodoo is a solid design outside of what I have already mentioned.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

I know that RI has some sort of MARD in process, whether it's their own or licenced, I dunno. I won't jump with one either way, so it wasn't an issue of concern for me.
FWIW, Skyhook isn't the only MARD out there, it just happens to have (by far) the best marketing.

:
In Reply To
vector 3, I love mine and it is the safest rig on the market in my opinion. Voodoo does not quite have the quality as would vector 3, mirage or infinity.

Really??? Data please. Prove your point. I've owned a Mirage and currently own two Voodoo. I'd certainly like to see data supporting that the Voodoo doesn't have equal or superior quality to the Vector 3, etc.

The voodoo riser covers and boc designs are crap!

The micron with the new style magnetic covers are bullet proof as well as their type of boc design.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The micron with the new style magnetic covers are bullet proof as well as their type of boc design.

THERE we go.... Opinion presented as fact. On the internet.
MUST be true.
Case closed.

I know that RI has some sort of MARD in process, whether it's their own or licenced, I dunno. I won't jump with one either way, so it wasn't an issue of concern for me.
FWIW, Skyhook isn't the only MARD out there, it just happens to have (by far) the best marketing.

I want to keep picking your brain. Why do you prefer to jump without a MARD? I personally do a lot of cross country, high alt. hop&pops and always disconnect my RSL just because we are so close to Jacksonville International Airport. I've read too many tail numbers of Southwest Airlines not to leave it detached.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Please tell me why you feel this way. I have a Quasar II and never had a PM with it's primitive spandex BOC design. Please give details to opinion if you get this post.

I want to keep picking your brain. Why do you prefer to jump without a MARD? I personally do a lot of cross country, high alt. hop&pops and always disconnect my RSL just because we are so close to Jacksonville International Airport. I've read too many tail numbers of Southwest Airlines not to leave it detached.

It's a personal choice. As with every safety device, there is a consequence that comes with a benefit. As a person who predominantly flies camera and wingsuit, I don't want to have a main act as a deployment device. I can understand why others might.
I've experienced two cutaways and managed them both without the need for a MARD. I can see how some people might want one. Like any other safety device, it carries its own problems, and they happen to be problems I don't want in my world. YMMV

Well thats my opinion, but I have packed them and many friends have packed them and none of us like to do them. It is well known that wings are a pain to pack. You may like to do them, but many many people would rather not fi they had a choice.

Most info on different rigs are based on opinion. That is the reason there are so many out there. One may really like this feature or that feature, and then the next guy may hate it. So saying that our opinions don't matter because they are not fact is incomplete if you ask me. my 3 cents. :)

Most info on different rigs are based on opinion. That is the reason there are so many out there. One may really like this feature or that feature, and then the next guy may hate it. So saying that our opinions don't matter because they are not fact is incomplete if you ask me. my 3 cents. :)

The value in those opinions is determined by who propigates them. But opinions still don't make up facts.
Example, Brand X uses the EXACT same material to manufacture their rig as Brand Y. You come along and in your opinion, Brand X uses "crap material" to build their rig, and Brand Y is the only one worth owning.
What does that say about the credibility of your opinion? It certainly doesn't make your opinion more factual.
Bottom line is that Voodoos are well known as being great rigs for freeflying. A lot of well-known freefliers wear Voodoo rigs. People don't toss hard-earned money on the table for a rig that isn't competent, comfortable, and capable.
But that's just _my_ opinion. YMMV.;)

So from my experience and what I have seen with these rigs I am an idiot and my opinion does not mean shit. No where did I say that they were crap and that they are not well known as a great ff rig. I was just telling my opinion and experience and you say it is no good or false. Well maybe I think your opinion sucks, but I am not going to say that becasue that is pretty damn unprofessional and childish. You might want to think about the way you come across and speak to others on here. Take care.

Joel

So from my experience and what I have seen with these rigs I am an idiot and my opinion does not mean shit. No where did I say that they were crap and that they are not well known as a great ff rig. I was just telling my opinion and experience and you say it is no good or false. Well maybe I think your opinion sucks, but I am not going to say that becasue that is pretty damn unprofessional and childish. You might want to think about the way you come across and speak to others on here. Take care.

Joel

You said:

Voodoo does not quite have the quality as would vector 3, mirage or infinity.

and I asked you to prove your point. Especially based on the fact that the Voodoo is made with the same materials as other rigs you mentioned."
You have a rumor about 2 premie HD deployments that the manufacturer themselves asks you about, and you know nothing more.
It's one thing to say "In my opinion Voodoo will cause premie head down deployments because it's built from inferior materials." It's another to post a statement as a fact, and a rumor as a fact.
Premies, for instance, can be attributed to a lot of things, most of them packer error. Yet you suggest it's due to the Voodoo itself. Were this so, with the hundreds, maybe thousands of Voodoos out there, don't you think that at least SOMEONE SOMEWHERE would have stepped up with data about Voodoo's causing premies during HD? I mean, c'mon....anyone with common sense knows a premie in HD could easily kill you. People here argue about gloves, but they'd keep this mysterious HD/premie thing a secret?
Your opinion is as valid as anyone else. How educated that opinion may be is an entirely different thing. Me...I've jumped em' all, owned a few of them. Currently owning five rigs, three of them are RI rigs, one Mirage, and one Vector. Hate the Mirage, and the Vector is alright. Mostly used for students that need an AAD container for their FFC. I've been in the factories of all the manufacturers, and they just aren't that different. I chose Voodoo/Rigging innovations because I saw the attention to detail they go through, I was impressed with how Sandy was willing to work with specific needs I had, Kit always has nice candies near her desk and Margaret is simply one of the most classy and educated people you'd ever wish to know. Customer service there rocks for me and for those I know who have RI gear. I didn't feel the personal "touch" with any of the other gear manufacturers but do note that their processes in rig manufacturing are pretty similar across the board, as is the quality of raw materials, attention to detail, etc.
And that....is how I formed my opinion of RI and why I've purchased two Voodoo and one Talon FX from them.
Having spoken with every manufacturer, seen their facilities, and asked questions about my specific needs....I'm fairly educated.
FWIW, I'm very impressed with the "new" Aerodyne too. Great people, great products.

No where did I say that the material used on the voodoo will cause hd premi. Two different instances and opinion of two different people. Rumored hd premi? Yeah I would make that up. LMAO. I told you that I would PM you the persons name if you want and never heard anything from you. I atually recommend voodoos when someone asks about gear, I would jump a voodoo before I would jump a lot of other rigs. You make as if I am out for voodoo I am certainly not. It is people like you who thinks there gear is the best and no one can tell them different that leaves me very irritated. Someone asked for opinions I gave mine, and you ripped it for what ever reason. I am pretty much done posting on this site becasue there are so many know it all a holes on here.:D

> Why do you prefer to jump without a MARD?

Personally I don't think the increase in reserve opening speed is worth the additional complexity and opportunity for "unforseen interactions." The RSL snag is a good example. But it's a good idea overall; I'm glad people have the additional option.

Will you guys ever stop this nonsense? I mean here most of you are respectable people and yet you still get into these retarded brand war / mine's better than yours fights.. Some will find they love one product, some will find they hate it, but there will always be options to chose from... These kind of product flamefests are pretty pointless, unless you're talking about major flaws of the product, which could impact someone in some serious ways..

Peace
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Will you guys ever stop this nonsense? I mean here most of you are respectable people and yet you still get into these retarded brand war / mine's better than yours fights.. Some will find they love one product, some will find they hate it, but there will always be options to chose from... These kind of product flamefests are pretty pointless, unless you're talking about major flaws of the product, which could impact someone in some serious ways..

Peace

Uh....Please re-read.
Synopsis of our posts
2Shay-Voodoos aren't built with the quality of other rigs.
me-really? Built with same materials, please support your statement with facts. Overall, I think all rigs are pretty well made.
2Shay- Ummm....well...I know two guys that had premie's during HD.
Manufacturer-Did you notify the manufacturer?
2-shay- Uhh....dunno. it was a long time ago. But they really happened.
(in the meantime, find out from manufacturer that no HD premies have been reported)
Me-again, please demonstrate that inferior materials are used. I've been through their factory, and through the factories of most of the other rig makers (not to mention all the interviews with each of them at PIA), and find they're all about the same.
2shay-hey, I really like Voodoo and recommend them. But you're an a-hole....and, and, and...the head down premies really did happen.

If you don't call a statement of "Voodoo isn't built as well as others" with a hint of "Voodoos cause premies during HD" (which can kill, BTW) to be a major flaw in one of the most expensive products on the market, I'm not sure what is.

And that's about the gist of it. I'm not promoting the Voodoo, just asking for a strong statement against their quality to be supported with some sort of fact.
Truth is, Voodoo have a higher rated TSO than some other rigs. A lot of freefly and speed skydiving pros use them for a reason but it seems better to try to stay neutral, yes?:)