kelel01

Why the holidays SUCK . . .

You know, that reminded me of another reason I hate the holidays:

It's another chance for my extended family to ask me when I'm getting married. It's so hard to remain civil at those times. [:/]

But Skymama, yes, I will probably end up in Florida from Christmas until New Year. I just don't know where to go exactly. :)

I'm with you kelel01. Fuck the holidays. My holidays last year were a fucking lie and a bunch of bullshit and I think it's pretty much ruined me for life finding that out. I think for the holidays this year I'm just going to skydive and tell everyone to fuck off. Fuck buying lame gifts people dont want. Fuck spending time with people that dont even want you there. Fuck it all.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Fuck

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

My holidays last year were a fucking lie and a bunch of bullshit and I think it's pretty much ruined me for life finding that out.

Did you find out that Santa's not real? :P

My apologies if your post was serious, but going by your sig line . . . :)

My holidays last year were a fucking lie and a bunch of bullshit and I think it's pretty much ruined me for life finding that out.

Did you find out that Santa's not real? :P

My apologies if your post was serious, but going by your sig line . . . :)

WHAT? SANTA'S NOT REAL?

:(:(:(

--------------

WHAT? SANTA'S NOT REAL?

Neither's the tooth fairy :( (and a guy name Loogie stole the money from under my pillow too!) :P

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

So ignore me, and I'll shut up.

Has that ever worked? :P

I hate the holidays too. All it takes is one Christmas season working in the mall and you're jaded for life. I did enjoy the Christmases I spent with my nephews because they were so excited.

I have to work over the holidays which keeps me from going to Eloy too. :( I think my parents are coming down so the 1 bedroom, 1 office, 1 bath apartment could get interesting. :S

Also this will be my first Christmas without my dog. :( My dad used to buy her a new toy every year to distract he from the other presents. :)
Yeah, my family never shuts up about the whole, "When are you getting married and give us some grandkids?" At least as a guy I can tell them, "I don't know about the married part, but you may already have grandkids that we don't even know about."
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

WHAT? SANTA'S NOT REAL?

Neither's the tooth fairy :( (and a guy name Loogie stole the money from under my pillow too!) :P

STOP IT! You're all lying. There is a tooth fairy. YOU'RE KILLING TINK! I do believe in fairies .. I do believe in fairies.. I do believe in fairies...

:|

--------------

WHAT? SANTA'S NOT REAL?

STOP IT! You're all lying. There is a tooth fairy. YOU'RE KILLING TINK! I do believe in fairies .. I do believe in fairies.. I do believe in fairies...

Wow...you do live in the Bay Area....and it shows ;)
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

WHAT? SANTA'S NOT REAL?

Wow...you do live in the Bay Area....and it shows ;)

Seriously, No stinking fairies are around here...the fairies never visit me, they freeze their little fairy asses off on the way up to New England. Did I mention I am really cold right now? :S

Your a mean one... Mrs. Grench

I love the hollidays I get to spend time with my family and my friends who are basically a part of my family. I'm kinda bumming since I'll probably just be getting back too work the 1st of december so I won't have much too spend on everyone but they'll all understand cuz they all kick ass. I'll be single this year i'm sure but I've done both and sometimes single is better, at the very least I'll have a girl "friend" around to celebrate with and so like I was saying I love the hollidays...........oh yeah plus in south florida its still like 75 degrees outside :)

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

These holidays are totally different for me. For the last 10 years I've lived far away from all of my family. For Thanksgiving I got together w/ a wonderfully random group of friends or drove to DC to be w/ some extended family. For Christmas I always visted my immediate family in Georgia - which was the one time a year that I saw them.

Now that I've been back here living w/ them for the last 5 months I'm not quite sure what the holidays will be like.

It is looking very likely that I'll be moving away again shortly after the New Year. While I look forward to a bit of distance I will be treasuring the close time that we have left.
Killing threads since 2004.

In contrast to Lisa's very sweet post about what she's thankful for, here's my top 5 list on why the holidays suck (for me, anyway). :D

5). It's cold in most parts of the Northern Hemisphere, so skydiving is becomes "dodge the ice crystals". :(
4). You get lots of presents you don't want, and you have to buy presents for people you don't want to spend money on. :P
3). Christmas trees burn houses down on occasion. :ph34r:
2). Everybody goes away, and I'm stuck at home alone, watching Bridget Jones and drinking spiked egg nog until I pass out in my pajama pants with snowmen on them. :D

And the number one reason the holidays suck is . . .

1). Being alone during the holidays is like an iron glove smacking you in the face over and over again. :( Oh, well.

Go ahead-- call me Scrooge. Bah humbug! ;)

Kelly

YAY!!! OTHER SKYDIVERS WHO HATE THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

I hate having to endure holiday traffic jams because my route happens to pass a mall.

I hate not being able to run to some random store and buy something because I'll be trapped for an hour behinds hundreds of irrationally frantic holiday shoppers.

I hate the heard mentality that actually makes someone think doing Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving is a good idea.

I hate the pressure to spend time with annoying family members who don't give a %@#& what I'm doing the rest of the year.

I hate presents from grandmothers who can't figure out I don't still wear the same size I did my freshman year in high school.

I hate the expectation to give presents to anyone I even remotely care about.

I hate having to endure HORDES of kids at the movie theaters.

I hate having ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do on the days that all businesses are closed, the weather is bad, and everyone I know is doing the obligatory "relative work."

Most of all, I hate the idea that we can neglect the needy, ignore our families, and basically be self centered assholes the rest of the year and then make up for it during the holidays. I'm not entirely sure most people's obsession with the holidays doesn't stem from a deep-seated guilt over their normal day-to-day lives.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

YAY! Kel....come to Florida! I'm there, I mean HERE, NOW...thru early December, and then again the day after Christmas thru New Years too! Come play with us!B|
You can do the "Chasing Blue Sky Tour" with Vinny and I (an absolute BLAST!)...and you can meet Cocheesy and many more .commers!B|

I thought the #1 reason was that you can't go Anywhere without hearing Christmas music

Strangely enough, I kind of like Christmas music.

Miss Grinch thank you very much, not Mrs. :P They are already playing Christmas music here... isn't that early? :S Isn't there some unwritten law that says December has to start first or at least the day after Thanksgiving before the madness starts?

1). Being alone during the holidays is like an iron glove smacking you in the face over and over again. Oh, well

come to arizona for christmas!!!! you won't be alone, you'll be with 600+ other people away from thier family.......

as for me i can't be with my family fr thanksgiving coming up so i'm gona go get drunk at a coworkers house with about 40 of my cowoerkers.... some how i got roped into making some pumpkin pie and a cheese cake......

You can do the "Chasing Blue Sky Tour" with Vinny and I (an absolute BLAST!)...and you can meet Cocheesy and many more .commers!B|

You are doing a tour of me?:o

YAY!!! OTHER SKYDIVERS WHO HATE THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

I hate the expectation to give presents to anyone I even remotely care about.

LOL, no expectations here, i ain't buying you nothing either.:P

Most of all, I hate the idea that we can neglect the needy, ignore our families, and basically be self centered assholes the rest of the year and then make up for it during the holidays. I'm not entirely sure most people's obsession with the holidays doesn't stem from a deep-seated guilt over their normal day-to-day lives.

Hehe I'm a self centered asshole ALL YEAR:D:D

Hey GFD, at holiday boogie, Fireflytx and i will make sure you are taken care of in a proper holiday spirit.;):D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.