BoogieBob

Can you guys help me out with something?

Yes, I'm actually alive. Have been to the DZ a couple of times in the past few weeks (to observe). I have a new friend who has been taking up a large amount of my time (pic will be below).

Reason I'm posting (other than to say "hi") is I'm a member of The Black Mustang Club. Basically there is a site ranking thing on stangnet that gets the site ranked based on people voting for it.

One can only vote once per 12 hour period. I've pretty much determined that it's an IP-based method of checking (an IP can only vote every twelve hours -- it's not cookie based checking). But, while I am running through my list of anonymous proxies and voting I thought I'd ask anyone who cared to make a couple of clicks of the mouse to help the BMC out.

Just open this link: http://www.stangnet.com/top/in.php?site=1064540661 and choose "10" in the rating dropdown box and click on the voting button. Won't take but a few seconds. It would be appreciated.

Thanks!

[Edit: doh, forgot to add "Thanks!"]

wee> BMC gatherings abound. No, it's not late at night at the Food Lion which I kinda gathered is what you were thinking.

Actually, just this past Saturday I drove down to Chesnee, SC for a benefit cruise-in. The admission to the car show was an unwrapped toy at least $10 in value to benefit the needy kids in that area. It was a great event. Lot's of nice cars and, most importantly, lots of toys and money generated to help out some needy kids in that area.

Maybe soon I'll link up some pics of other meets so you can see many Mustangs parked together. It's beauty.

ltdiver> That's a nice looking Stang. SN95 (maybe FOX4 if it's a '94 or '95 with the 302). Why are you sniffling about it though? It looks great. The shine on the hood looks fantastic.

AggieDave> Come on man...personally I liked the avatars of you either swooping or the head shot. Thanks for 'shopping up my pic...it actually doesn't look too bad like that....but I'm smelling fried rice in it lol.

I should have added one of them "toliet fart" mufflers those ricer wannabes get. Those alone add another 30hp at the wheels! So all together I would roughly guess the PSed 'stang would put out about 320bhp since it is "only" a GT...:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was thinking about a MAC 2.5" Flowpath Catback for some sound.

I dunno, '98 GT got a factory rated 225hp at the flywheel...but it's my first V8 car (and first convertible) so I'm still all into lovin' the whole experience so far. Maybe in the near future I'll get the catback.

I gotta figure out what the hell is throwing the P1443 low/no purge flow MIL. A shop replaced the charcoal canister. MIL came back on. I replaced the purge flow sensor today while I was "working." Also got a gas cap, but they gave me a '99-'02 cap...no worky...gotta go back and get the RIGHT one tomorrow.

Only things left are EVAP lines, purge flow valve and the vapor vent valve over the fuel tank. If I throw enough parts at it I might actually get the P1443 resolved. Other than that, it runs great.

In Bishopville, SC, if you are heading East on I-20 and get off the interstate you come down a nice rounder that is ripe for second gear. Best part is you get to go under the overpass of I-20....sounds great in second as it's taching up....about 3500 under the first lane overpass then 4500 under the next with large throttle angle...gettin' mad reverb from the intake and the car sounds just beautiful. I love the sound.

ltdiver> That's a nice looking Stang. SN95 (maybe FOX4 if it's a '94 or '95 with the 302). Why are you sniffling about it though? It looks great. The shine on the hood looks fantastic.

Thanks. Yeah, she was beautiful. '98 225 GT. Custom ordered. Took 8 weeks to make it and get it to me. Delivered November 11, 1997. Still remember the day.

104306 miles when she was taken from me (totaled when an idiot ran a stop sign and t-boned the drivers side door) on May 3, 2003.

I'd always loved the '64.5 since I was a kid. My '98 was the first custom car I ever owned. Man, I miss her. Nothing that has followed (including the new 2005) can fit the bill. Doesn't handle right even though the engine sound brings tears to my eyes.

Next time you rev the engine on your black beauty think of me and send the sound waves my way...

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

104306 miles when she was taken from me (totaled when an idiot ran a stop sign and t-boned the drivers side door) on May 3, 2003.

Next time you rev the engine on your black beauty think of me and send the sound waves my way...

ltdiver

Ouch!! Glad to hear that you are doing better physically now. That musta been quite a jolt. I can't imagine how I'd feel if that happened to my car.

And, will do on the revving sounds. Keep your ears open. It's raining here so I got to enjoy some nice revving power-slide action in a couple of corners when dropping 2nd...you may have heard that ;)

I know you still miss your car, but a lot of people I know would kill to have a 2005. Enjoy it!!

but a lot of people I know would kill to have a 2005. Enjoy it!!

Yup.

I'm not a Ford guy, I'm a Chevy guy and I really really don't like Mustangs, I haven't liked any Mustang made since the early 70's, BUT I really like the '05s...B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sorry, Lori, but you couldn't hang out with Bob because your car is RED. :P Actually, mine was too. I have owned one mustang, an '87 GT. I drove it HARD until it simply smoked too much like a hoopty for me to be seen in and then I bought another Corvette. I had two-chamber flowmasters, a hard-hitting shift kit (it was an AOD car), and a K&N ram-air. It made a lot of racket and looked stylie with the 17 inch wheels I had on it.

Chuck

PS: Bob, get your ass back in the sky.

Sorry, Lori, but you couldn't hang out with Bob because your car is RED. Actually, mine was too. I have owned one mustang, an '87 GT. I drove it HARD until it simply smoked too much like a hoopty for me to be seen in and then I bought another Corvette. I had two-chamber flowmasters, a hard-hitting shift kit (it was an AOD car), and a K&N ram-air. It made a lot of racket and looked stylie with the 17 inch wheels I had on it.

Not to mention a couple of Falling Maggots riding around. Remember the Chester Meet when I came rolling up in the M-1008?

TT

BUT I really like the '05s...

Went by my local Ford dealership tonight, in hopes of test driving the '05. Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock! Seems that as soon as they get them in, they're gone!

So far I've only seen one on my way to work. Guess they're keeping their early production numbers down. Guess I'll have to be content with listening to the sound of the engine on the internet for now. [:/]

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I should have added one of them "toliet fart" mufflers those ricer wannabes get. Those alone add another 30hp at the wheels! So all together I would roughly guess the PSed 'stang would put out about 320bhp since it is "only" a GT...

I don't think you made the spoiler high enough. Two more feet would have netted 15 horsepower.:D You see, if the car is shaped like a shopping cart, it's at its peak areodynamic advantage.:P

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

***Guess I'll have to be content with listening to the sound of the engine on the internet for now. [:/]

I think you might wanna do the internet thing and search for the car you really want.

I saw my car on the 'net at the CarMax.com site...had to pay 'em $400 to get the car to Fayetteville, NC from where it was (Indianapolis, IN)....but I think it was worth it. When the pic of the car popped up on the screen I knew it was the one. I had to be kinda mean to the CarMax people to get my way.....but screw it...I wanted THAT car...and I got it :)

ltdiver, don't settle for anything....get what you want...something that makes you feel really good. You've had that feeling before so I'm sure you know what it feels like