Jib

Change Religions for Love

Being an atheist, I have found it to be pretty much impossible to have a relationship with anyone who is not an atheist too. I've tried, but it just doesn't work for me. I have plenty of friends who are not atheists, and that has never been a problem... but in a serious relationship, it seems to be a big issue (in my experience).

I dated an atheist for four years and it never became an issue. I have a deeply spiritual side to me and he never questioned it and I would never have asked him to change. We were very much in love and he was awesome. :)

I dated an atheist for four years and it never became an issue. I have a deeply spiritual side to me and he never questioned it and I would never have asked him to change. We were very much in love and he was awesome. :)

I'm glad to hear it worked for you, and I'm sure it works for a lot of other people too... But for me it has never worked. I think it just makes up such a large part of a person's personality and influences so many of their other beliefs, that I find there to be a certain mental level that we simply can't relate on.

Also, I tend to censor (not be so blunt about) my thoughts about God and religion when I am in public or around people who are religious - out of respect for their beliefs, but I do not want to feel like I have to do that when I am alone with my S/O. With my S/O, I want to be able to be myself 100%, which means that I will speak bluntly on my thoughts about religion... and I have found that the Christians I have dated tend to be offended by this (and understandably so)... but I can't change who I am just to be in a relationship with someone, nor would I expect them to change for me.

Plus, it would be kinda weird to be married to someone who believed that I would be going to Hell when I die... And if they truly believed in God and that I would be going to Hell, and if they truly loved me, then it seems that they should be trying really hard to convert me to their religion so that we could go to Heaven together... But if they did try really hard to convert me, then of course it would bother me and I would end the relationship... but if they didn't do that then I would have to assume that they didn't care that I would be going to Hell, and it would be hard to think that they really loved me if they didn't care about such a thing... So that seems to create a "no-win" situation.

(And I hope that this post does not offend anyone, as that is definitely not my intention.)

well, athiest/christian is probably not the most compatable pairing. Athiest/pagan, athiest/buddhist, athiest/agnostic, and athiest/deist are probably a lot more compatable. christianity and islam are pretty much the only religions that require "belief" of any sort to be "saved". most other religions go for the 'this is the way it is, so it doesn't matter whether you believe it or not because you will be reincarnated/enlightened/reach nirvana/etc...anyway, whether you believe it or not. Someone of a religion other than christian/islam would probably be much less likely to try to convert you.

well, athiest/christian is probably not the most compatable pairing.

Yes, that's probably one of the worst pairings. An agnostic might be ok (as an S/O for me), but that's about it... Being happily married to another atheist, I really can't imagine having as good of a relationship with someone who didn't share my beliefs on this particular subject.

And of course, I am only referring to myself... I'm sure there are many atheists who do not feel the same way. Some people might be more compromising in this area than I am.

Is it serious what kind of religions anyone's have?

Is a religion really the matter? Wasen't the love the thing that counts???

Think about?

Religion is like a pant you ever can change it!

In this opinion I think this is the right song for that theme:

This is a song
for the ladies
but fellas... listen closely

You don't have to fuck her hard
in fact sometimes that's not right to do..
Sometimes u got to make some love
and fuckin give her some smooches too..
Sometimes you got to squeeze..
Sometiems you got to say "Please"..
Sometimes you gotta say "Hey,"
"I'm gonna fuck you.. softly"
"I'm gonna screw you gently"
"I'm gonna hump you sweetly"
"I'm gonna ball you discreetly"
and then you say "Hey, I brought you flowers"
and then you say "Wait a minute Sally,"
"I think I got sometin' in my teeth could you get it out for me?"
That's fuckin' teamwork!
What's your favorite posish?
That's cool with me, It's not my favorite but I'll do it for you.
What's your favorite dish?
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from ZANZIBAR!
And then I'm gonna love you completely
Then I'll fucking fuck you discreetly
and then I'll fuckin bone you completely
but then I'm gonna fuck... you hard.....
Hard...

:PB|:$
The only rings that are worth wearing, are those of my 3-ring-system!!!