skybytch

Ever drown your cell phone?

Quit laughing at me. It's not funny. >:(

I drowned my cell phone a week or so ago. Hot tip - don't a) put your cell phone in the big front pocket of a sweatshirt and then b) head to the bathroom and then c) turn at just the right angle so it falls out of said pocket and goes directly into the... well... y'know... :$;)).

Okay so it is funny.:D

Anyway, I was quite amazed when I tried to turn it on 6 hours post-dunking and it worked. All the important phone numbers are there, I can play games with it but it doesn't seem to recognize that it's a cell phone anymore - it can't find service of any kind.

Lucky for me, my kid just switched from Sprint to Nextel and still had his Sprint phone. It doesn't do all the neat stuff my phone did (text messaging, email, wireless web) but it's a phone and it cost me nothing. It should be working with my number right about... now.

I know there must be others out there who, like I, cannot be trusted near water with sensitive electronic equipment. Please. Tell your story so I can quit feeling so stooopid. Thanks. :ph34r:

Liz was talking to me in the bath and dropped hers. It started working a couple of days later.

Was your toilet dunk um...pre...or post???

[:/]

-S

Not my cell phone, but my pager had the same kind of accident. It didn't survive.

I heard that the plumbers in the Empire State Building say the biggest cause of plugged plumbing is pagers and cell phones. :S

P-
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

Yes twice. Lesson #1 don't let drunk people talk to their girlfriends while in the pool chin deep.

Lesson #2: don't put it next to a sink full of water and pull the vacuum cord tight to reach that last corner and knock it into said water.

My phone lived both times and from a fall onto tile from the second floor. On the bright side, I'm not sure you want to put you phone up to your ear after where its been.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

On the bright side, I'm not sure you want to put you phone up to your ear after where its been.

A friend of mine once threw her cell phone in a public garbage can by accident and I think she used it immediately after fishing it out. I can't really remember though. That would be way gross if she did.

Kelly(kelel01), did you or didn't you? :P
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I have drown a cordless phone in the clothes washer before. *mental note, after talking on the phone, do not throw your phone in the laundry basket, then do laundry*
I took it back to Best Buy and told them it didn't work anymore (totally true) and they replaced it. :)

My phone was in the pocket of my hoody sweatshirt I got from the Gap. Very stylish sweatshirt I might add. During the work day enough liquids had been consumed and enough time passed that the end result was the necessity to pee. As much as I wished to resist the urge, it over came me and off to the latrine I went. Through the 2 doors, down the stairs, around the corner, the down the long dark hallway to the room of rest clearly lable Men. Funny it's labled men because when I walk through the door labled women, there's no one in there either. It's very confusing.

Any way, in through the door I went and stood proudly in front of the porcelain water closet, hands on my hips belting out a big Hahah!!! followed by a hehehehe..

As I reached up and inward to unzip, my arm struck the pocket of the stylish hoody sweatshirt from the gap and it sailed through the air. One perfect swish later that even Michael Jordon would be jealous of, my phone was submerged.

In an instant my instincts took over and I snatched that phone right out of the toilet. I watched sadly as the display went dark.

There was not much to do but rinse it off in the sink (just in case there was previous residue from an earlier deposit) and then relieve my self of the pressure built up inside.

I washed my hands, carefully picked up the phone and trudged my way back upstairs to my work station opened up the case to let it dry.

Wouldn't you know it. 3 days later was a day of ceremony. The phone was revived and back in action!!!

What a day that was.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Lucky for me, my kid just switched from Sprint to Nextel and still had his Sprint phone.

he'll be hating himself for getting nextel........i HATE my nextel phone........the service (at least around here) isn't the best.

next thing you know, he'll be wanting his old sprint phone back :P

later

I dropped my cell phone in the tub 2 weeks ago. It worked right away, but the sound was very low. After a day, it was back to normal...

I've drowned mine three times. Once running to the bathroom to pee with cell in hand when it flew out of my hand and straight into toilette... Second time I was in the tub talking and dropped it.. thirdly I was in the bath and the phone was on the ledge of the tub when my daughter came in and sat on the ledge and knocked it in. :S:S

I nearly drowned my $1200 hearing aid once! :S

I had taken the kayak out to go paddling up and down the lake behind my house and halfway out realized that I had forgotten to leave my hearing aid at home, so I took it off and tucked it away in a shirt pocket (should have left it in my ear!). Well, I'd just gotten back to shore and got out in calf-deep water and bent over to grab the kayak and pick it up and woop! there it goes out of my fucking shirt pocket into the fucking water! >:( FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! My FUCKING $1200 hearing aid!! AHH SHIT!! I immediately reached in and snatched it back up... FUCK!! I dried it off and put it back in my ear and turned it on. All I got was static.... MAJOR F U C K ! ! ! I was never so pissed at myself!

When I got back in the house, I tried it again, nothing but goddamned static. By then I was pretty much resigned that it was fucking toast and I was gonna have to do without it for the time being until I could get a new one ordered.

Well... that night before I went to bed, something told me to go try it again. I thought what the fuck... I put it on and what the hell... it works again! Holy shit... but sure enough, not as well as it did before. Just good enough for a couple of years before I finally had to splurge for a new one.

There, you're not the only one fucking up a perfectly good piece of electronics... :P

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

yes but it was a rental... i was getting ready for work and had left it on the counter to charge (korea only 'real' outlets in the bathroom) it was on vibrate when someone called me.... somehow i managed to stare stupidly as it vibrated itself off the shelf into the full sink of water i was shaving in.... :(

took it apart and left it on the dash that day while we visited sites... it worked fine when i put it back together and i never even had to tell the cute girl at the rental counter when we left...;)

i also hucked my current phone down the street a few weeks ago.... not it likes to play 'maybe i'll ring, maybe i wont...' its only annoying when i'm expecting a call...

Figures. Everyone else can drown their cell phones and the damn things work fine afterward. But not me, oh no. I'm special.

Short bus special. [:/]:D

Oh, now sweetie, youa re so not special. We were doing a pub crawl for JFTC the last time. We had been to this place with a freakin alligator in the bowl with like 10 straws but I don't think I shared much. Down the stairs I went with my phone in the back pocket of my tight jeans, into the ladies room, hurried to do my business. Well, after I flush and stand to pull my jeans up I hear a splash. There went my phone. It never worked after that. Maybe because it took me a few seconds to realize what it was and fish it out or it just hated me. I buried it a few days later and got a flip phone.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I know there must be others out there who, like I, cannot be trusted near water with sensitive electronic equipment. Please. Tell your story so I can quit feeling so stooopid. Thanks. :ph34r:

OMG!!! :o I was JUST going to make a post last night titled "So I dropped my cell in my coffee today..." :o:o:o -Only reason I didn't make the post is I was online all the rest of the day trying to find a new phone...[:/]

So my cell was in my little cubby place on the dash board of my Suburban, and I had a full commuter mug o' java in the holder below with no lid (Ok so I lost all my commuter cup lids...:S) and I head uphill and hit a small bump, and VOILA!!!! >:(

The GOOD news is I finally analyzed our cell phone bills (hubby has Sprint & hates 'em, I have Verizon & love 'em) and I figured even after buying two brand new camera phones for us, with a family share plan, we'll save about $70 a month in cell phone bills switching him to Verizon!! :o -Why didn't I think of this sooner?? :P

Figures. Everyone else can drown their cell phones and the damn things work fine afterward. But not me, oh no. I'm special.

Naw Lisa, mine doesn't work either, so I'm out until I get a new one...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.