bluegremlin

Just quit college

No offence bluegremlin, this might be a good thing.. Doesn't seem College was teaching you anything :D you didn't already know :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

IMHO quitting college is not a good thing. Although I must admit I am thinking of taking on a second job to afford what will probably become the most expensive habit I have ever had. Maybe you could still take some classes, just not go full time.

After all, you will want to be able to get a better job to afford better gear and fly better. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I am doing just the opposite. Im putting the time and effort into school now. It was a conscious decision so I would be able to advance in the sport. I did my first Tandem just over 5 years ago, been absolutely addicted ever since, and only have 30 jumps to date. NOT GOOD! Just working on staying current until its possible to get into this like I need to.
Your decision is your decision, but that doesn't sound like the right one for me. Good Luck.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

i've actually stayed in college longer so i CAN jump and don't have to face the real world. we've got a good dz here that i don't want to leave behind, i don't think i'd be able to afford all the jumping i do either at a different dz were i couldn't instruct, and how many turbin dz's do SL now adays?

i love my home here, to me nothing beats a small 182 dz and it's even better when it's a college dz too.

5.5 years HERE I COME!!!
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I personally think that college is very important. I think it's more important to stay in school and graduate to get a better job and earn more money than it is to quit now and take a lower-end job that won't allow for much more money in the future. It may seem like a good idea now but you'll be kicking yourself when you realize you could be making a lot more money and doing a lot more jumping. It's better to sacrifice now and be able to have the money in the future to jump as many times as you would like. I think it's a wonderful sacrifice.

Sheena
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

What was your major? and do you know what you presently want to do to make money so you can continue your addiction?

I don't think i learned all that much in college...other than to think analytically. I'm more of a hands on learner!

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value."

Not smart, guy. Be cool, stay in school. Having the opportunity to go to school is a gift that not everyone in this world is given. Take advantage of it. You'll most likely regret your decision a few years down the road when you can't get the job that you want.

And not everyone can spell! So no worries! ;)

>I quit college last week because i need a job so i can get £££ for skydiving . .

I stayed in college and _then_ got a job and I now have lots of $$$ for both skydiving and all the stuff to go with it (like gear, trips to Thailand, RVs etc.) Having a college degree lets you get a better paying job - or lets you get an average paying job where they put up with a lot more of your shit (like leaving early to jump.)

I'm in college and I'm jumping my nutz off! It was slower going at first, but I got my jump on eventually. Started working at the DZ, packing for jump money, etc. Now I'm instructing at the DZ and still finishing school.

Yeah, so I've been in college since fall of '98, I'll graduate eventually. I bet I have more ratings and jumps then the other grads though!:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ive been in school for the past 2.5 years. Been skydiving since last march, done 90 jumps this year. You CAN skydive and go to college at the same time. It's hard, you have to be creative B|

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Ok instead of being a smartass :).. Don't quit college.

I know from personal experience.. I quit college for some unknown reason. I'm not stuck in a low end job like some here say happen. I'm also not a CEO of some company or in management.. (who would want to be?) I will freely admit it does help to have a degree in something. I could be making more then I make now. I'd be in a completely different profession too. I've thought of returning many times. It was actually my plan to go back.. That was 16 years ago too. I still wish I'd finished college.. :|

Quiting isn't the smartest thing you'll ever do. You'll be kicking yourself in the ass for not finishing. You'll have more money and time on your hands later in life. Skydiving is an addiction. You just have to be able to handle your addictions. Get your ass back in skool and finish what ya started.

Hey spelling is overated anyways. Just read some of the posts from these college educated people around here. :P That's what they invented spell checkers for. It used to be a sexatary who did your proof reading and spell checking. Now we have computers that do that shit.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I worked my way through college tutoring elementary kids in math/science. If you passed high school, you can do this, and charge the parents like $25 an hour. Advertize in church bulletins, and go through your university/college's career center...lots of times they keep tutoring lists. I'd work 10 hours a week and have $250 a week in spending money, while my friends in workstudy jobs would have $50.

I think it's more important to stay in college. Even though skydiving is awesome, an education is quite important too. Once you get out of school, then you will be able to afford skydiving, and save money too. Granted money isn't everything, but college will also give you a chance to get a job that you'll really like and enjoy. Not something that will just give you money even if you're miserible. Granted there were times that i wish i dropped out, but I'm glad i got through it. :)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

You CAN skydive and go to college at the same time. It's hard, you have to be creative B|

Like selling naked pics of yourself in your rig all over the web? :D

Edited to add: College, dude. Focus on what's important, or you'll wind up working the mini-mart and wondering what you did to deserve the 700lbs woman who pukes moldy doughnuts on your countertop. :S
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

ERROR,ERROR,ERROR!!!
Wish ya hadn't done that...in the future you'll be so sorry...ya coulda earned much more money in the future and perhaps even had an interest in your job....now...i foresee a life of dead end jobs...one after the other.
You will be so sorry.

I quit college last week because i need a job so i can get £££ for skydiving, i mean iv been in it for a year and iv only been able to do 7 jumps altogether because of finance, also i was sick of college.

re-read what you wrote. You should think twice about this, maybe thrice. I have thought about quitting, even had decided to take this semester off and get a 2nd job and save, bla bla. Well, I didn't get off this semester due to some odd circumstances... but i'm sure glad it worked out that way. It is hard to get back in once you take a break (I hear) and also, i'd have forgotten lots of calculus and chem and wouldn't have gotten back in the groove so easily. One day (I hope) college will pay off for me. That's why i've decided to quit my job at the end of next year and start full time on my bachelors degree, live (and skydive;)) on loans for a while, and let life take me where it will.

Good luck. Hope you change your mind.
Angela.