bertusgeert

oooooh christmas

The thought first occured to me when I walked around a store in September and Christmas songs started playing. Ever since that day I have repeatedly thought the same thought...christmas sucks.

We all know how much christmas is being exploited by commercial America. Many profess that they hate how much it is comercialized nowadays, how much that hate the ads and the music, but then they are the same ones that feed the system, spending massive amounts of money on presents.

I am all for giving. I think it is great, but we dont have to take a month to do it! I can give all I want in 2 hours, and then forget about it. Sort of like the days when i was a kid and Christmas used to be a one day thing. Maybe this is where the problem lies.

When I was a kid, I anticipated christmas for a long time. The tree was in the corner starting mid-december, and gifts were given after a great meal on christmas eve. Christmas was spent with all the family hanging out. What a great time.

But then I was brought into this mayhem, and therefrom sprung my hatred towards this dreaded time of year. Some people love driving around looking at the lights in other people's yards, their reindeer on the roof and so forth. Because of them I am now forced to slow down when they decide to look at a house like they plan on buying it. Why o why o why.

My dream is to take the entire month of december and move to a desolate place that has never heard of christmas. Then come back as if nothing ever happened, and my life will be of much better quality and much less agrevation.

Will this madness ever stop? Is there any plato to this ever escelating insanity? Maybe I'll start by setting up my anti-aircraft weaponry, and when santa decided to pass close by he will be no more.

How can you possible enjoy this absolutely annoying, frustrating torturous thing they call christmas?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

I don't like football. When all the super bowl stuff is out and about, i just avoid it. I don't whine about it. Life is what you make it. Christmas time will always be December. You can be happy in December or you can be a whinybutt in December....but ya know what? It will still be christmas. Why waste your time being negative?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

It's really not that hard to avoid the stuff you don't like about it.

Its not that hard?
Green and Red everywhere, lights shining and blinking freaking everywhere. Reindeers and santas everywhere.
Any store you walk into is playing the most anoying music anyone has ever written...over and over and over and over!
GGGHHHAAAAA!!!!>:(>:(

I"m sorry, but Superbowl isn't even halfway comparable.

Green and Red everywhere, lights shining and blinking freaking everywhere.

Do they hurt you or something?

Any store you walk into is playing the most anoying music anyone has ever written...

Don't go shopping that much then. It's pretty easy.

I"m sorry, but Superbowl isn't even halfway comparable.

Okay, I hate summer. I hate everybody advertising with pools and beaches all the time. I hate the stupid plastic crap that's everywhere in the stores. I hate the non-stop Beach Boys songs. I hate it all. I like the weather, but man, why do people have to ruin it by commercializing on it?
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I hate cellphone. I'm sick of the commercials and the billboards on the highways. Everywhere i go i see people talking on their phones. How many bars do you have? Can you hear me now? :P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

hahah, you know what, I agree with you. Summer sucks except for the weather, and so does cellphones.

The problem here lies with comercial america. If it wasn't for the comercial push of christmas, it wouldn't be halfway as developed as it is now.
But, they have to advertize to succeed.

When I spent a few months away from TV, radio and any big cities, I didnt realize how much it would affect my life. When I re-entered a populated urban environment, I was sickened by the ads on TV, radio and on bilboards. America is billboard CRAZY.
I love America, but man, I dont know anymore....

I don't like football. When all the super bowl stuff is out and about, i just avoid it

Me, too! That's why I used to get incredibly drunk whenever it was on!

Ever thought of changing the channel?:D

When I spent a few months away from TV, radio and any big cities, I didnt realize how much it would affect my life.

I don't have the tv on much. I have a cd player in my car. I don't shop anywhere other than Target much, and they don't have an overwhelming amount of crap. Oh, and, I like the pretty lights! :D

It really is what YOU make of it...just like anything else in life! :)

I don't like football. When all the super bowl stuff is out and about, i just avoid it

Me, too! That's why I used to get incredibly drunk whenever it was on!

Ever thought of changing the channel?:D

Yeah, but I'm usually too drunk to figure out how to work the remote at that point! :D

Christmas, such a noise about a birthday of a chump who lives over 2000 years ago. Hey everybody out there he's a whuffo! He just can walk over the water, we can swoop over it! If you was his guest he just offers you bread and fish! No beer, no wifes, no planes, he offers nothing to you that really offers fun! So, do you really want to enjoy this lame birthday party? I won't, not for thousend of bucks! I go jumping! Jumping out of an perfectly good airplane, and this jerk can start his birthday party without me!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
The only rings that are worth wearing, are those of my 3-ring-system!!!

But then I was brought into this mayhem, and therefrom sprung my hatred towards this dreaded time of year. Some people love driving around looking at the lights in other people's yards, their reindeer on the roof and so forth. Because of them I am now forced to slow down when they decide to look at a house like they plan on buying it. Why o why o why.

I grew up in El Salvador and during Dec all my fam would go to the beach house we had on the coast. My extended fam also had one a few hundred feet down from us and we would spend the entire month of Dec there. It was a freaking blast. Yeah, they would have presents, but mainly for the kids. Plus down there we would buy firecrackers, m80s, m100s, REAL bottle rockets and crap that could blow a barn door off its hinges. My cousins and I would either be playing in the pool or on the beach, while the parental units played poker or pool all day long and got pretty damn tipsy. To me that's what x-mas will always be about, spending time with the people you love and enjoy being with.

he offers nothing to you that really offers fun!

when Jesus was at a party that ran out of wine, he had the hosts bring him some big urns of water, & he changed it all into wine!B| sounds like a cool party trick to me!B|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------