PhillyKev

Curling.....those whacky Canadians.

Ok...was in Toronto last weekend.

What the fuck? Every bar had it on every hour of the day. Is it just because there's no hockey and you guys have to watch something on ice? I mean, we don't start showing shuffle board on TV when there's a baseball strike :S :P

Curling is definately a Canadian peculiarity.

It was made an official olympic sport a few years ago, which is amazing. Most of the compeditors are overweight, smoke, and drink heavily.

In any other country they'd be called 'trailer trash'... but in Canada they're national heros and olympic athletes. :)
There's a great Canadian curling movie... Men With Brooms!
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I seem to notice a lot of golf on tv here in the States:S

I mean golf what a sport.... wack.... 20 minutes later... wack.... 20 minutes later... wack

now that is some excitement:D

I seem to notice a lot of golf on tv here in the States:S

I mean golf what a sport.... wack.... 20 minutes later... wack.... 20 minutes later... wack

now that is some excitement:D

Yeah... basically, the only golf I want to watch on TV is the movie "Happy Gilmore".

Happy swings, (whiff)... Happy rants "BLEEP, you stupid BLEEP-BLEEP ball!...."

That's my kind of golf! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Do curlers drink while playing?

Last time I played, one of the players on my team had a great curling broom. She un-screwed the end of the handle and there was scotch inside!

Delicious! of course standing out in the open ice tipping a broom up to your mouth may look funny, but this is CANADA!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Actually...here was the worst thing about Toronto. Don't get me wrong, I've been there a dozen times and think it's a great city...but this shit is just wrong.

Two different places had the same description for the "Philly Cheesesteak" on their menus.

Strips of sirloin on a toasted onion baguette with swiss cheese.

What the fuck is that? It sure as hell is not a philly cheesesteak.

Overweight, smoking, drinking national hero athletes...

Two words: Babe Ruth. :P

As for Olympic sports with "athletes" that are hardly athletic...

One word: Shooting

And I'm not talking about the biathaletes. Those mother fuckers are trim. I'm talking about the paunchies that do skeet and trap shooting.

I've only curled a handful of times by the way, and yes, each time I've been wasted!! :ph34r:

Canuck

You missed the 1999 Ryder Cup then?

I have no idea whether that's a reference to golfing or curling....and I'm glad :P

The Ryder Cup is a head-to-head competition between American and European golfers. Not sure of the number of players on both sides, maybe 8? Anyway, the Americans had to make up a huge deficit in points and won the Cup on the last match, and the Americans go ape-shit and whoop it up like they had just won baseball's World Series. I think we really pissed off the Europeans because we haven't won the Ryder Cup since.

I still prefer Happy Gilmore's brand of golf. Hehehehe :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

C'mon ... admit it ... you got a little hot when they were yelling HURRY ... HARD ...

;)

'Shell

It gets really sexy when its the gals screaming...
HARDER... HARD!!!!! HARRRRRRD!!!!!!!!:$

I agree with all of these comments. I almost busted a rib laughing at this, for lack of a better word, sport, when I was skiing at Whistler at the beginning of the year. It was definitely fun when the girls were screaming..:ph34r:

I even videotaped the television with my camcorder so I could show people back home.

Might be cool to have some full contact curling.

Scotch in a broom! I think I'll even play!;)

You got me there....think I'd rather watch curling than baseball as well. Of course I'd take a hot poker in the eye over either. :P

Must agree neither of those two "sports" is what I would
call entertaining ... but the winner of the all time boring sports must be watching under water hockey live !!:ph34r::ph34r:

You got me there....think I'd rather watch curling than baseball as well. Of course I'd take a hot poker in the eye over either.

Well you could always watch me belly dance. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!