bigway

backpacking scandinavia budget??

Just wondering if anyone has done the scanrail or backpacked around norway, danmark, sweden?
I am wondering what sort of daily budget i need when i already have the scanrail pass.
Does anyone know what the prices for hostels and ok food is? If anyone could advise me of a daily budget without transprt costs would be great. My partner and i are doing the xmas in scandinavia this year, i use to live in danmark so know this place well but other places i have no clue. Any Advice?
cheers

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I only spent a long weekend in Norway, but the hostel I stayed at (in downtown Oslo) was pretty nice and cost $25 per night. Food struck me as very expensive, I mostly ate convenience store hotdogs which cost about $7 with a drink, and that was the cheapest thing I could find. Don't know anything about the other countries, but I hope this helps. Norway was awesome by the way, wish I could live there and do BASE off the fjords.

"Perhaps she saw before her a lifetime of walking on the ruined earth and chose instead a single moment in the air." -Carolyn Parkhurst

Well, if you need any more info about DK, drop me a PM. I'd offer you a place to stay, but I'm swamped with company for xmas! Held og lykke! :)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

thanks guys, i am trying to sort this budget out for my partner and i, well actually i am seeing how much money i need for this trip, 21 days train pass is paid for but for me to pay for her and myself on everything else looks like i will need about 2000 pounds.( living on bread and water)
I tell you, 2000 pounds would keep you for months in thailand or at least 3 months of a fantastic time in new zealand. This is going to be one tight trip, i figure that we will sleep on trains as much as possible instead of paying for accomodation, god what have i gotten myself into, i never should have tried to get out of the dog box by saying to my partner i would take her to danmark for xmas, it then turns into danmark and norway, now it is danmark, norway, sweden, and before we leave it will be finland as well.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Heya Mate
make sure gme a call if you x Odense. your welcome at my place. its not a 5 star but its freeB|;)
I live 5km from H.C. Andersen´s house(center of the city)
If your borred im out jumping xmas nite(24dec dk xmas)and your welcome.

Norway are WAY expencive in living.Food bers etc is expencive.

Sweeden is abit more expencive on somthing than DK but cheaper at others.

As said let me know if you drop by your welcome to stay just of the free house or to stick arround.You´ll get your own keys anyway.

If you drop by then make sure to beabel to say the line "rødgrød med fløde";):D:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I went through Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland when I got out of highschool in 1998. I stayed with friends the whole time, but the hostels seem like the way to go. If I were you, I would budget at LEAST $25 per day for food/booze. I found that stuff very expensive in all four countries.

I also went down to Tallinn, Estonia. It was nice and cheap. A great break for the money after 5.5 weeks of expensive stuff.

(The cities I stayed in were Trondheim, Roskilde, Lund, and Helsinki.)

Have fun!
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

why would you go to Roskilde??
I know theres a Viking ship and a stoneage city(living museum were you can try to live as they did)in Lejre(not long from Roskilde) besides that i guess there aint much to see there,compared to what you could see in Copenhagen just 15 mins away in train(or so)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Faber, you are a good man, and i would love to take you up on the offer, i have done all the tourist things in denmark when i use to live there. Man i tell you what though hanging out with some danes around xmas would be a great way to do xmas. would beat staying in a hostel. I will be in touch thank you.

P.s. your saying you want me to learn, i hate to tell you but every dane i ever met in danmark made me say this, i think i got it down now.
Tak
vi ses.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I will be arriving in danmark around the 20th and would love to join you when you go jumping. I am curious, where the hell are you jumping in danmark? very flat country.
Please pn me how i can get in touch, i look forward to metting some new friends in danmark, as long as i am dinking Jule berg?(sp) (xmas beer) and not gammel dansk

.Karnage Krew Gear Store