keithbar

split sliders

I need to replace a slider on my tri 190. I do mostly camera jumps. thinking about a split slider to make it easier to film other canopys while under canopy. anyone have any exp? pro's con's? different types? brands? thanks for any info in advance.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

can't you just install softlinks without slider stoppers and pull the slider down behind your neck?

You could also install a removable slider, but that requires a little more caution when packing.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

I have a 190 with one...two actually,;)

The first one I tried was the same size as the one piece it replaced...hammer time on openings so I went a bit bigger.

Yes they take 20 seconds longer to pack, it also turbocharges the flying performance of the canopy with one quick tug on the release line. B|

If they made one with sail-pockets I'd put it on my 210 too. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I put a couple jumps on an accuracy rig with a split slider. I kind of liked it. But you do need to be careful to put it back together correctly. Don't expect any packer to know what to do with it. I sure didn't until I found an old-timey jumper to help.

Don't think I'd want to deal with it on every jump though. I don't mind the collapsed slider over my head.

Dave

Split sliders are Black Death! Get slinks or a RDS (slider only).

Could you expand on that a little?

Translation: "I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I think my gear is cooler than yours."

Lots of folks jump split sliders on accuracy canopies, and I've never heard of them causing a problem.
They just take a few extra seconds to pack each time.