FourSideDean

Has anyone heard of Skyline Helmets?

I found this posting in the classifieds and I really like the helmet but it's not my size. The manufacturer is called Skyline and I have never heard of them.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=81309&d=1

Does anyone know where I can find a dealer or a manfacturer website? I searched on google but can't find anything on it...

These helmets are made in Brazil by a friend of mine (Paulo Marques). Check his website:
http://www.skylinecapacetes.com.br/index.html
His helmets are made of fiberglass (no carbon fiber). Paulo (Paulinho) is a great guy and I totally recommend him. The Skyline dealer in US is Marcos Vinicius ([email protected])
Safe skies

Ronaldo
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Carbon fiber has a much higher strength-to-weight ratio and the manufacturing process is way more complex (involves application of high pressure and temperature). Fiberglass is a much simpler material to work and also much cheaper. If you had the time and patience you could design and make your own fiberglass helmet (I made mine) as it requires only simple tools. Carbon fiber demands specific and expensive equipment thus you should expect higher prices in helmets made with it.
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted