Evelyn

BEST cold weather undergarments?

Help!!! I hate to be cold. I have a tight fitting jumpsuit so can't wear anything bulky underneath. I've been wearing silk thermals, which were okay last year, but with the weather being so much colder this year I need something warmer. Heard underarmor is good, but there are so many different kinds. I tried on a mock turtleneck winter underarmor shirt (in my size and even a size larger), but didn't like it at all, would be warm but felt like it was too tight and the mock turtleneck felt like it was choking me. So what I am looking for is something that will be really warm, but also comfortable. I need to find something before the Eloy boogie. Please help!! Cost is no object, I am willling to pay whatever it costs to be warm and comfortable!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I like my "Hot Chilis". Wear them for skiing and jumping. Got em at Sun n Ski Sports.

I don't know that we have that store in CA, or at least near me. Do you have a website address for them? Thanks :)

Try Cabelas.com for thermals. I'm in Afghanistan now with a set of their medium weight. A full 2-piece set will run about $40-50 depending on the weight of the fabric. Underarmour is good, it just tends to be a bit thin. For layering it is excellent as a base layer.

I like my "Hot Chilis". Wear them for skiing and jumping. Got em at Sun n Ski Sports.

I don't know that we have that store in CA, or at least near me. Do you have a website address for them? Thanks :)

http://www.sockcompany.com/newhotchillys.html
I have the Peachskins womens low-rise.. they are not bulky at all, and tapered to the ankle so they dont rise up at the bottom or get in the way of booties or anything.

Thanks so much everyone. I'm going to check everything out, probably buy everything and try it all out. Like I said money is no object, not that I'm rich or anything, just that it is worth any amount of money to me to be able to be warm and comfortable. I would absolutely hate staying on the ground cuz I'm too cold to jump, hasn't happened yet but I could see it coming if I don't get warm clothing. I'm just a total wuss when it comes to cold. I DO NOT DO COLD!!! Anyway, thank you all soooo much!! :)

The hardest thing to keep warm is your hands/finger tips...Least my experince.

I have jumped at least once every month thru an entire calender year here in Chicago. I am a weather wuss now however.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The hardest thing to keep warm is your hands/finger tips...Least my experince.

I have jumped at least once every month thru an entire calender year here in Chicago. I am a weather wuss now however.

Yeah, that's another thing I'm worried about. What gloves do you wear? Do you wear the liner things? If so, what kind? And what kind of gloves? I want whatever is the warmest!!

I normally try and wear, when it is really really cold....Thin siik liners, with a pair of rubber gloves underneath a pair of neumans. But you HAVE TO BE SURE you can still use your hand an fingers, otherwise you will be in troulbe if something goes wrong......

Edited to add: this goes for actually everything, you may be warm looking like michelin man, however if you comprimise your mobility...you can cause major problems...
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

anything made with Capilene.. beats silk, old school thermals, military polypro etc hands down... REI has a few different brands as do other outlets.. so find the sytle you like best, but Capilene (its a brand name material like Gortex used to be) is they way... i prefer Patagonia but thats just me.. there are several maufacturers that use it...

There are so many different kinds.

Firstly, out of all of the brands I've tried, the actual Underamour brand was the best. They make different kinds, the "cold gear" keeps you quite warm.

Click here!

Oh, did I mention that under amour is really sexy skin tight sexiness?:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Just get some good cross county ski gloves and wear hot hands on the back of your hand. Notice I said on the back of your hand. If you were too many layers, your hand will sweat, and that's when it gets cold. I know this because I am the biggest baby when it come to jumping in the cold, and I live in Colorado.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Mysterioso. Hands down. You can get it at REI or at www.mysterioso.com I've got the long sleeve shirt and long pant, but they make it in short sleeve and bike-short style too. It's made for kayaking, mostly, but works great for skydiving, because it's mostly windproof. Warmest things I've ever worn and thin enough to fit under my jumpsuit. I've tried the under armor gear, and mysterioso is way better.

I've tried the under armor gear, and mysterioso is way better.

This made me think of those old Miller Lite commercials where people would get into fights about "tastes great" "less filling" and which it was...

:P:P

Thank you for the smile.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

While hardly being qualified to give advice on skydiving gear, I know what keeps me warm on those 30 degree days while standing in cold freezing water. Wader pants. Hunters/Fishermen have been using them for a while. They are made of lightweight fleece and have stirups on the bottom to keep them from riding up when wearing something over them. You can buy them from Cabelas.com Wader pants for around $30. They wick really well and you will never get cold. They are about the thickness of light lightweight sweats and just as comfy. I would wear them for the stirups alone.