Duckwater

Before my friend kills himself....

A lot of these surplus rounds will not lift you off the ground actually.

Instead, it acts like a drag chute - staying more or less horizontal behind the car or moving vehicle.

I happen to have seen this done before, and the dude underneath on the harness got dragged across the ground at a fairly good clip. All was still okay until he hit the briar patch and got ground through that -

On the last run the tension was so strong on the rope that the attachment point broke on the car end. The parachute took off from the wind dragging him with it across the ground.

My brother jumped on the end of the rope that was bouncing along uphill. It dragged him uphill too. Then I jumped on the rope - it dragged all of us uphill!

I know someone else said they did it many times, but this is NOT a good idea - tell him to forget it!

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

The four wheeler will provide just enough lift to get him off the ground. Once that happens, he will raise up the back end of the four wheeler and it will not pull him anymore. At that point, his canopy will dive towards the ground and he will hammer in on his side.

I have "bored skydiver experience" in this area. Not doing it - seeing it done. Remember these words, "911, We need an ambulance at...."
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Seriously, if he's your friend... shouldn't you ummmmm i dunno.... help rather than assist? The legal BS aside, this playing Dr. K stuff is kind of creepy! I don't even know you but I would hate to see anyone have to live with that for the rest of their life.
Glad you're not my friend ;)

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

I know someone else said they did it many times, but this is NOT a good idea - tell him to forget it!

Seriously? hehehe "sorry guy, mr. reaper isn't coming for ya today because you can't even figure out a way to kill yourself! what's wrong with you anyway???":P

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Show him this thread and tell him a bunch of skydivers think he is crazy... with the exception of Beezy and well.. you just have to know Beezy.. ;)

But if he still does it, make sure to get the video to all the shows that show how stupid parachutists are and how dangerous parachuting is.. we want the world to know the truth right? :S
oh and dont forget to submit the results to Rotten.com.

I just had an idea for a new reality TV show... lets call it "When Whuffos Get Parachutes".

Ok.. simple solution to that problem. Use something heavier and faster. I recommend a pickup truck.

You're getting warm. However, if they use the bumper hitch, the amount of drag produced by the chute can still lift up the back end reducing traction on the tires. The person with the rig on gets yanked back and forth as traction is lost and gained, eventually losing control of the canopy and again....

But since you were the closest... you win the points. The answer is using a pickup but fashioning a hitch between the cab and the bed at the center of the truck and using a smooth continuous acceleration to 20mph and using only the front risers for inputs. If it has toggles.... leave them alone. Keep someone in the truck with a knife and if the canopy begins to slingshot back and forth ahead of the person trying to control it with the risers.... cut it.

I've learned a lot of cool shit watching others bust their ass till they get it right... Then I get to play with their toys. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.