Rosa6

Should you order a suit from Matter?

I made a mistake last autumn. I hope that by giving these emails for everyone to read someone could avoid the same mistake.
I dont have all the messages I've sent via Matter's webpages here. But I think you can have a fair idea of the matter from these emails...

Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:29:59 +0200 [24.10.2008 11:29:59 EEST]
matter ->
Rosa
Title: delivery time
Hello,

Thank you very much for your interest in our products and technologies.
The current delivery time is +/-4 weeks.we garantee you will have it before the 16/12.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you should need more help before ordering,

Enjoy the flight,
Julie
Customer support

Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:18:37 +0100 [27.10.2008 16:18:37 EEST
matter ->
Rosa
Title: order confirmation
Hello,

Your order is confirmed, we thank you for your trust in our company and technologies.

Delivery time right now is ESTIMATED 4 weeks from date of order.

Please note that the delivery time can vary due to amount of order and season and is not garanteed.
Our main objective is to deliver you a high quality product made with great care.

Enjoy the flight,
Julie
Customer support

Mon, 01 Dec 2008 20:01:51 +0200 [01.12.2008 20:01:51 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter
Title: Wrong colours in my new suit

I sent you a message over a week ago and haven't got an answer yet. I'm in a bit of a
hurry and would like to know how you are going to compensate the error you made when
manufacturing my new suit.

I ordered a pro concept freefly suit from you about a month ago. I got it about 1,5 weeks
ago. It was otherwise ok, but the colours weren't the ones I ordered; I ordered it with
orange lycras and got it with white ones.

I ordered the suit from you because you promised to get it to me before 16.12. and I
probably am not going to get it back in time if i send it to you for fixing now? What if
I send it back for fixing after my trip to Florida in January? Then it wouldn't be unused
anymore but when its just a fixing of your mistake it shouldn't matter? Or would it be
better for you to send me those orange lycra parts so that I can get a local manufacturer
to fix the error (and get some money compensation also because it's not going to be
cheap) or am I just going to get a fair amount of the payment back?

I would appreciate an prompt answer.

Thanks,

Rosa

Mon, 1 Dec 2008 19:50:37 +0100 [01.12.2008 20:50:37 EEST]
matter ->
Rosa
Title: Re: Wrong colours in my new suit
Hello,

Sorry for late answer, but our production manager was on holiday.
We have checked your order and indeed, the lycra color is probably a mistake during
production process.
We suggest you to keep the suit and use it this winter, we will redo ot replace it when
you are taking a break, is this ok.
The suit is probably "jumpable" in the meantime :)
regards,

Cedric Dumont
Managing director

MATTER
www.matterclothing.com
we can only make you fly better!

Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:08:06 +0200 [25.01.2009 12:08:06 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter

Hi,

I have now returned home from Florida. The suit was great to jump with.

There were just a couple of small problems with it. The left cuff started to unravel a
bit starting from the seam after approximately 15 jumps and the brodeering on the right
leg lost 2,5 letters in about 20 jumps (It doesn't say Matter anymore, nowadays it is
Mer). After that the unraveling ended and nothing broke up anymore. But even if the
colours would have been the right ones, I may have been sending it back anyway because a
suit shouldn't probably be breaking up in 20 normal jumps with nice and normal landings.
In total I did about 70 jumps with the suit and it flew nicely. So there wasn't really
any functional problems :-)

Is this the right address I should send the suit to?:

Matter Airwear
APT 372
17487 Empuriabrava
Spain

Thanks,

Rosa Jolma

Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:32:01 +0100 [26.01.2009 12:32:01 EEST]
matter ->
Rosa
hello,

prior to ship the suit, can you send us some pictures from the little issues?
regards,

Julie
Customer support

MATTER
www.matterclothing.com

Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:17:10 +0200 [29.01.2009 23:17:10 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter

Hello,

Here they are. Both issues are in the first one and then they are separately in the other
pictures.
+You can see the colour of the lycra parts.

-Rosa-

Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:00:38 +0100 [30.01.2009 16:00:38 EEST]
matter ->
Rosa
Title: feedback
Hello Rosa,

Thank you very much for your pictures, they are very useful.

regarding the lycra at the wrists, it is probably an issue with the fabric itself
but not with the construction of the suit.

the embroidery is a problem with our industrial machine, but we fixed it.

anyway, we will have a meeting on monday with our factory management
and see what happened, in the meantime, please, do ship your suit back at this address:

MATTER
APP 372 / SECTOR AEROCLUB-HANGAR 1
AERODROMO D'EMPURIABRAVA

17487 EMPURIABRAVA

SPAIN
Have a nice weekend,

Cedric Dumont
Managing director

MATTER
www.matterclothing.com

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:30:17 +0200 [25.03.2009 17:30:17 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter
Title: Re: feedback

Hi,

I sent the suit back almost 2 months ago. Can I have an estimate on how soon I'll get my
suit? The season has started and it would be really nice to jump with a good suit :-)

And for the shipping you should know that I'm moving next weekend. So if you haven't sent
it yet, it would be easiest if you could send it to my new address:

Laureuksenkatu 10 as 21
20320 Turku
FINLAND

(the old one was Kurkimäentie 19 G 60, 00940 Helsinki, FINLAND)

Thanks

-Rosa-

Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:42:49 +0300 [15.04.2009 10:42:49 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter
Title: Fwd: Re: feedback

I sent this message 25.3. and haven't got an answer yet. When will I get my suit?

-Rosa-

----- Forwarded message from [email protected] -----
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:30:17 +0200
Subject: Re: feedback
To: matter

Hi,

I sent the suit back almost 2 months ago. Can I have an estimate on how soon I'll get my
suit? The season has started and it would be really nice to jump with a good suit :-)

And for the shipping you should know that I'm moving next weekend. So if you haven't sent
it yet, it would be easiest if you could send it to my new address:

Laureuksenkatu 10 as 21
20320 Turku
FINLAND

(the old one was Kurkimäentie 19 G 60, 00940 Helsinki, FINLAND)

Thanks

-Rosa-

Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:50:36 +0200 [29.04.2009 09:50:36 EEST]
matter ->
Rosa
Title: feedback
Hello Rosa,

Your suit has been shipped this monday, you should receive it early next week.

Blue skies,

Julie
Customer support

MATTER
www.matterclothing.com

Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:12:09 +0300 [30.04.2009 16:12:09 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter
Title: Re: feedback

Thanks!

I'm eagerly waiting for it :-) Did you send it to my new or old address? (might get some
problems if it's going to the old one..)

The new one was the Laureuksenkatu etc.

Sunny skies!

-Rosa-

Mon, 18 May 2009 11:18:43 +0200 [18.05.2009 12:18:43 EEST]
matter ->
Rosa
Title: new suit

Hello Rosa,

If you haven't received it by tomorrow, we will redo you a new suit on wedsneday.
Sorry about the inconvenience, but it happens that postal services lose packages.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Wed, 20 May 2009 12:02:21 +0300 [20.05.2009 12:02:21 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter
Title: Re: new suit

Hi,

I haven't got the suit. It would be really nice to get it soon.

Thanks.

-Rosa-

Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:19:22 +0300 [12:19:22 EEST]
Rosa ->
matter
Title: Re: new suit

I haven't received the suit.
Can I finally get it?
It has been almost 5 months since I sent the wrong one back.

I'm starting to feel that I'm obliged to warn fellow skydivers about ordering from you.
And if you can't possibly manufacture jump suits anymore I want my money back. I'm going
to consult my credit company in a week if you can't make me the suit I paid for almost 8
months ago.

--
Rosa Jolma
Laureuksenkatu 10 as 21
20320 Turku
FINLAND

+358 50 3696 759

Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:47:52 +0200 [16.06.2009 18:47:52 EEST]
matter ->
Rosa
Title: shipping and address

Hello Rosa,

We are willing to ship you the right suit, no worries, we are super busy manufacturing,
so that's not the problem.
The problem is the shipping, if we cannot locate the packeg tomorrow morning, we will
redo it and reship it in express certified,
we garantee you will have your suit, no worries,
thank you for your patience,

Blue skies,

Julie
Customer support

MATTER
www.matterclothing.com

Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:54:26 +0300 [09:54:26 EEST]
Rosa
matter
Title: Re: Shipping and address

When will I get it then?

Im still worried because you promised me this same thing over a month ago and nothing has
happened since.

So is something really going to happen this time or must I finally contact my credit
company and get my money back??
My skydiving buddies have been saying for a while that i should have done it ages ago
because if I wouldn't have waited this long I would have got a new suit ages ago from
somewhere else.
I think it's not unfair to say that 5 months is not a reasonable time.

-Rosa-

Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:38:22 +0300 [29.06.2009 15:38:22 EEST]
Rosa
matter

You have said that you have sent my new suit 27.4.
Then you said that postal services have probably lost that one and you promised to make
me a new one 20.5.
Then you said that you would make me a new one 17. 6. and send it express certified.

Although you probably think I'm stupid because I have been too patient with this thing
I'm not stupid enough to believe all this. Even though you would use lame donkeys to do
your deliveries at least the two first ones would be here anyway.

--
Rosa Jolma
Laureuksenkatu 10 as 21
20320 Turku

And nothing has happened since.
I just made an official reclamation.

And for the record I haven't ever lost a package sent via finnish post. I dont know about spanish postal services but I dont think that they could be as unreliable as that.

Now I just want a good freefly suit. Does anyone have an idea where I could get one in a reasonable time?

Now I just want a good freefly suit. Does anyone have an idea where I could get one in a reasonable time?

you can go on the other side of the street, at Sonic Flywear.
And it's a good excuse to return to Empuria :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Try Flite Suit in California. I have ordered four suit from them, and alway paid the rush charge (I think it's $40). I had all of the suits in my hands within 10 days of placing the order. One was ordered on Monday, and I had the suit on Friday. You might want to add a few days because you're in Finland, but you could have it in two weeks.

The suits are built very well, and will last much longer than 70 jumps. One of them made it well over 2000+ jumps. The others are still in service, and should last just as long.

Tony Suits had my new suit in FIVE DAYS bitches

Should I point out that the factory is so close to Z-hills that you can see it from the DZ?

My Flite Suits all have to be shipped 3000 miles to get to me, so you have to give them a few extra days for that.

Did you even bother to drive to pick up your suit, or did you just walk over?????

ummm...they delivered it to the DZ for me!
;)
Patty rocks...as does the entire staff at Tony Suits.
To be honest here, this is my first Tony Suit. I have only previously purchased free fly pants from him.
The wingsuit he made me "disappeared". >:(>:(
My jump suit before was a Dakine Rags - Chuck no longer makes suits. Not that I would have bought another one. I do love the design, but the material doesn't wear well. Unless it's just true to it's name...:P

I made a mistake last autumn. I hope that by giving these emails for everyone to read someone could avoid the same mistake.

Instead of taking a long time to read that huge list of e-mails, I'd like the executive summary version, where you just tell us your gripes, in one paragraph.

Try Flite Suit in California.

The suits are built very well, and will last much longer than 70 jumps. One of them made it well over 2000+ jumps. The others are still in service, and should last just as long.

A warning about Flite Suit -- they are very hit and miss. The RW suit I bought from them is in okay shape with a few hundred jumps on it. The bootie leather is starting to separate, though.

The camera suit I bought was much worse. The wings were sewn very far front like sit wings, and it started to blow seams after less than 50 jumps. I got maybe 150 jumps on a $400 suit and have since retired it.

Both suits had to go back for alteration before I was able to jump them. Fortunately I am located close to the factory.

That said, a couple of friends have Flite Suits that are still running great after 1000+ jumps. But after my experience, I won't buy another suit from them. I don't want to chance it.

I have had similar problems with the camera jacket I bought from Tony Suits to replace the bum Flite Suit. The only 100% great experience I've had with a jumpsuit so far is my freefly suit from Firefly. I love that suit. But the wait times can be pretty brutal. I only went with Tony for the camera jacket because Firefly was 12+ weeks out at the time.

Ficus